• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 04, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the first glimpse of the 2 Bottom Plow Art welded for me a week ago.
246340.jpg

wonder if I can pull it tomorrow night with my Red Original? Probably not arm strong enough to lift it out of ground, Gotta give is at try.

Vince-
The plow turned out nice. I can't wait to see some "in the furrow" photos.

(BTW... You weren't supposed to use A LOT of paint, you were supposed to use THICK paint to cover those crappy welds!)

Brought this '98 Club Car home a couple of weeks ago.... Crankcase was loaded with gas, he said it made a loud noise and then wouldn't run for more than 5 seconds and with heavy smoke and the oil light would come on. He checked, found a new motor would cost $1900. I thought maybe the piston was broke, thought I could do a rebuild on it and rolled the dice. Figured I could at worse case part it out for more than the asking price..

Got it home, changed the oil and filter; it started right up - still smoking heavy at first... Got so it only smoked after about ten minutes. Pulled plug and soaked rings overnight with JB80. Then on top of that, it lost spark. Finally found problem - the rev limiter module (awwww geee whiz!!). Eliminated that and it's running fine now. Not sure if it's worth $300.00 or not
wink.gif
...... Folding rear seat will make it a fine cruiser for four for the Florida Flywheelers events this winter....

246607.jpg

246608.jpg

Jeremiah:
It is in terrible shape (the hinge on the windshield needs replacing - they use a one piece flexible plastic hinge - I'm using three little strap hinges). Other than that, it's like new - it was never used on the golf course, just from their house to the clubhouse and back on paved roads. The headlights, tail and brake lights, horn all work - it even has a thing to wash your balls and scrub your putter (golfers are so strange...)
blush.gif

All in all, I think this was a "Charlie deal"...
clappy.gif

Gerry Sweet little club car. hey, if you wanna sell Fancy
246628.gif
said he would pay ya what you got in it, IF you deliver it. He said that would be awesome to have so he and I could putts around town in.

angel.gif
Cath

edit: IS it in bad shape or not? lol..if so, never mind Fancys offer. Well, never mind anyways..he gets these wild hairs, ya know..hehehe

Cathleen - it even has set of lambswool seat covers - she must have washed them before I got it. The seat looks brand new. She even washed the cart the morning I picked it up. There are a few scratches on it, but it looks about three years old, not 14... I actually felt somewhat of a moral dilemma - I'd never sell it - if I did I'd have to split the profit with them. I keep getting hit over the head by other friends with "well, you took the risk" and "he knew what he was doing and didn't want to bother with it any more, just get rid of it".... I do have about 10 hours of trouble shooting in it to get it right....
1a_scratchhead.gif

Tell Fancy, if he comes to Florida, I'll take him anyplace he wants to go in my park (we'll even cruise past the dog park area real slowwww).
proud.gif

Gerry, we better be keeping a trip to Florida and you giving Fancy
246635.gif
rides around your place and the DOG park a secret. Sunday morning he didnt want to get out of the truck after we took him for his morning ride.
246636.gif
Just before we got home, he settled inbetween us, and well, when we got home he flat out refused to get out of the truck.Nope, he hadn't been on a long enough ride, and good grief, we hadn't even gone thru the implement dealers lot to see all the tractors.. (what were we thinking)
246637.gif
. After trying to sweet talk him out with no luck, Marlin finally had to bodily remove him. So, if he knew your offer AND the club car has such soft, cushy cushions, he would have his bags packed and probably sneak into the truck and refuse to get out till we made our way to your place.

angel.gif

Started helping with our 4H group project of repairing our two local road signs. Unfortantly they have to be repalced due to rotting.

these where done about 8 years ago by a former member. Who passed away with his Father in a on the farm accident. :-(
246686.jpg

The stuff that KILLS my Cub time.... When you don't have enough time for for your Cub you just buy another one, right?
rofl.gif
LOL!
1a_violin.gif
It sure has been a blessing to be working not even two miles from my house and have the chance to put a little time and money into the Cubs. I've never scraped so much to find an hour here or half an hour there to get these tractors up and ready. Sure is going to make it sweet when we get a chance to go plow with em'.

I'm just now catching up on some older posts, and I can't get Gerry's gold cart off my mind - especially the personal hygiene device he mentioned!
blush.gif

(Thanks for the chuckle, Gerry.)

This might be more of a 'things I do because I can't have cub time', and there is one forum member that would say this has cut into my cub time, but nonetheless...

After moving to Kansas for work and living in an apartment, I obviously didn't have a place for my Cub Cadets. I've been a pilot since I was 17, got my glider rating after moving here, and bought a nearly 50-year-old wooden glider and spent about 350 hours returning it to the air, mostly thanks to a friend with space in his 3-car garage and most of the tools needed to get the work done. Wings and tails were refurbished. I finally got to fly it a couple weekends ago. Was worth every hour of work I spent on it
happy.gif

248790.jpg

248791.jpg

And for anyone who thinks I'm suddenly rich, this thing is worth about the same as what remains of my Cub Cadet collection, and it costs less to insure than my car.

Back