• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 03, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elamott

displayname
Earl LaMott
129 Ignition switch
Has anyone replaced their ignition switch. Mine is not out, but it is old and even the key will fall out. So it might be in its last leg. Some day I think that I am also going to replace all of the wiring, and safety switches. One safety switch is already gone.
What kind of a job is it to take off the dash?

Thanks for any comments
Earl

Earl,

When the gas tank and mount brackets are removed there is good access to the switch, charge meter, solenoid, etc.

Jim

Luther...Thanks for the info..Will be checking the ground for the solenoid for sure...

Still undecided on the snowthrower..I was hoping to get a close look it today, but ran out of time due work commitments..Will try again next Saturday.

On a sidenote///How many quarts of Hytran does the transbox/diff require in the gear drive?

Thanks for all the info and photos ya'll..I appreciate it.

Regards
John

John M.
299439.jpg

Attachments

• 299439.jpg
    299439.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 175
  • 299439.jpg
    299439.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 156
Good evening, All. I had to put the snow thrower on the Keepsake 1650. Fancy's 1650 will need a new switch and more than likely a new wire harness next year. Plus after replacing the head gasket on his 1650 it smokes a bit too much so it'll get new rings and a valve job next year also. I'll try and get a couple of pictures tomorrow. Now I'll have lights and hydraulic lift. More than likely I'll send it over to our neighbor, Ian and let him use it for his and our yards. He's 30 years younger and doesn't mind the cold as much.
happy.gif

Next I need to help a friend get his 129 running so he has a blade tractor. I'll put my blade on Fancy's 1650 for when I get the urge to "be young and foolish" again.

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 147
Ok guys I got one that's stumped me. I rebuilt a k241 for a guy and it won't take fuel? I've got good spark and compression but even with the carb clean off I can shoot ether in the valve as im cranking but it doesn't make it to the spark plug. I've triple checked my clearances and they are good. If I cover the intake while its cranking it has what seems to be a good vacuum so why won't it suck up the fuel?

I don't know how many of you have owned or do own a 59M but I got one when I purchased my son his 125 CubZ (as he affectionately calls it). We have had it for about 5 years now and it is all original. Looks like it was rarely used and so I decided to set it up for our Stertz Farm Day back in August. My cousin took a video of me feeding it some dried branches/sticks. It did a great job and the onlookers seemed to enjoy watching. Here is a link to the video...

https://youtu.be/dMqmA-HeGSM

Joshua, I have mine on a 1000 and it does a great job on dried corn stalks for sure, but they gotta be dry.

Great for leaves also, can turn a huge pile of 'em into a wheelbarrow full, but Ya gotta feen 'em slow is the only drawback to shredding leaves.

IH 782 Non-Diesel

Hello Everyone,

I am fortunate to have inherited my fathers International Cub Cadet 782. This was a unit originally manufactured by IH and has the original Kohler Series I engine. At the present time I am trying to locate the correct correct part numbers for this tractor. Specifically, the wiring diagram and ignition switch part number.

The serial number is: 2050594U670346

Thanks,
George

It's on a 106 Charlie. And It just doesn't want to suck the fuel into the cylinder. No matter what I do the plug remains dry

Matt..make sure your intake valve keepers didn"'t come off
also..did you put the same valve spring and keepers back in.
i overhauled a 16hp once and didnt put the same springs back in and it caused the fuel to spew back out the carb.
It took me several hours to figure out the the valve problem was causing the fuel to not be drawn into the intake
Take the Time to go back and check things out on reassembly..

Dave--I hadn't thought of bustin up stocks but I could see how that would work well. I did use it to "hammer" up some leaves and it did work well for that.

They work good for making cracked corn feed......just throw in full ears and watch the 59M make the kernels fly!!!!!!

I can understand the wiring headaches. I have just parts swapped some more between 1200 and 1450's to have one completely operational, save headlights. I cracked the head on the 1200 which forced me to push mow, which ignited the seat of my pants to put the engine(with cradle mod) back in #1-1450 to finish out mowing season. Then it'll get the blade for my dad to use this winter. Good thing I have 3 k-321's hanging around... and a k-341.
#2-1450 with tiller gearbox needs a wiring harness, ignition switch, volt regulator, engine rebuild, well, a complete restoration. Considering I live in an apartment right now and mow my family's yards for the pleasure of running my cubs, I'm just happy. As for acquiring tractors/attachments for just having them, I scored the #2-1450, tiller, front/roof/back of a cab, QA42a thrower minus the pulley, side panels, 42 inch blade This past summer, for money that I happily parted with. The #1-1450 bought from a good friend this spring. Let's just say the shed is very full right now. And I'm going to look at a 106/9, advertisement and owner don't agree on which way is up!
err.gif

A big thanks to Charlie for this site and CC specialties!

Attachments

• err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 152
feeling like some shop time today and I have a few issues to repair. steering on one tractor steers to the right real easy but will bind up and steer hard for the left turn.The steering box was rebuild 4 years ago with new grease and everything looked fine .
1a_scratchhead.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 181
Don T.
Bout time you got up and started doing something productive!
thumbsup_old.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup_old.gif
    thumbsup_old.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 148
Back