• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 03, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike F., OUCH!
pcwhack.gif

Bill, Charlie! yep!
lol.gif

Dennis F - I'm thinkin' brake/clutch pedal. I can't see a need for brakes, unless you are plowing down a steep hill because you might not have enough traction via wheel weights, fluid filled tires, gut full of gravy biscuits and coffee and not enough buttox weight and/or the overall width of the buttox present hanging over the left side beyond the crack. When you come to the end of the furrow and raise the plow, you might go flying down the hill and smash a chicken coop or something of value. You also need to be able to mash the clutch unless you are an expert at shifting on the fly without one...
thumbsup_old.gif

Not to rev-up the great gear vs hydro debate, but another potential source of weight on the left side could be via holding your left arm straight out - perhaps with one of those mini-bar bell weights. Not sure you could do that with a hydro and keep the right hand on the left side of the wheel to steer and control the hydro (on a 169) at the same time....
old.gif

Cub Cadet content - 1650 hoodless and seatless....

263371.jpg

Hope to get it buttoned up this weekend, driving around and ready for towing the firewood trailer for the winter. Since the 109 is going to be in the basement for heart surgery this winter, the 1650 might get some snow plow duty too.

BACK TO QUICK QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!

Bill, here's a photo of Steve Blunier simultaneously demonstrating the left arm and half seat technique to Art Aytay at the 2003 Weekend Freedom Machine Spring Tillage Day. The Original belongs to Art.

263380.jpg

Kraig/Bill-
The reason there's a smile on my face (that's me looking at Steve) is because he was screaming over the top of the Kohler bark, "Now, this really works better with a '12oz weight' in this outstretched hand to counter-balance the sideways draft of the plow!"

Of course it was all said in JEST because it would never be smart to suggest operating machinery while under the influence, but it was funny none-the-less.

Bill J,
I'm <u>VERY</u> sure IH designers did't put the clutch/break on the left side for plowing. Have you ever seen a car/truck/tractor with the clutch on the right side made here in the US? That's industry standard.

Red-neck's last words?......."Hold my beer and watch this s#$t!"

Steve, Art, from the looks of the furrow, there may have been beer involved that day...

263382.jpg

No Cub Cadets were harmed in the making of this furrow.

Kraig-
I know how that furrow got that way as I was there when the first plow went in the ground that day (No, it wasn't me) but I'm not saying who it was.

It actually improved by the time that pic was taken from what it started out as. Moral of the story, you can't plow an 'opening furrow' while looking back at the plow!

Steve,

Redneck Cub Cadet guys say 'hold my beer while I smoke this deere'

BTW, think that plowing with one's butTOX half on the seat was the origin of the term "Half-azz'd" ??

Back