• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 03, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kehrecke

displayname
Keith Ehrecke
Wow, this doesn't happen everyday. I don't think I've ever opened a page before. Scha-Wiinngg!

More on-topic, I was chatting with a farmer @ the gym yesterday. He said I could come over to his bean fields and set up my plow for plow day. He thought I could get by on his 500 acres of bean stubble. I told him he better get the corn out and chop some stocks because I didn't want to be waiting' on him! How 'bout that for talkin' some smack?

How many hours, Tedd? By the way, are you really advertising for a job?

Steve:
I think I found them. Here's the part numbers on the bag:
SU-9008000-6701 mx 450 sm 01
x-ref # IH-123252c-91

On the part itself, there's no part number but it does say "Singapore" "SCV 17.45 30.15 4.8" which I believe to be ID, OD, Thickness, in mm.

I hope that helps.
Keith

Steve Richard C from has been using 1/16 neopreme without the holes the cork gasket has with good results.I think he has posted something on "The other site" about it.Seems like a good plan leave the cork for wine bottles.Do you still want the shinny metal for your truck,If so give me a size and can bring to Ploway.

KEITH - I have a couple Friends from the RPM site that You could fall plow for.... They could probably stay ahead of You with a pair of 2388's W/ 30 ft headers. They live Back just a few miles north of INDY. They were saying something a week ago when I was there about having Their OWN PD...Two BIG 4X4's pulling 10-16's, a smaller 4X4 w/8-16's, and a couple 6 bottoms. ALL Red of course.

Steve-

Here's the seal # that I have for the rear hydro seal. Hope that it is the right one for your pump.

Chicago Rawhide #6204 Replaces Cub Cadet part # IH 39487-R91

Hugh,
That is the # for the front and rear seals. Steve
needs the one on the side of the pump. I didn't have a # for that one.

Steve B,
I feel you pain buddy. I swapped out the pump on my 123 last week. I put in ported pump I got on ebay. I replaced the front and rear seals but not the trunion shaft seal. I got it running and after about 5 min it left a 3" puddle on the floor. It took me a while to find it, but it is leaking the same place yours is. I ordered the center gasket from madsens earlier this week.
The sad part is the one I took out didn't leak a drop! I think I'm going to use the back half from the non ported pump when I put it back together.
The trunion shaft had some wear on it on the ported pump. It lets the cam plate flop back and forth too much.

"Chatting with a Farner @ the gym". Doesn't that sound odd?

Talking abot what pisses a guy off about parting out a Cub Cadet. Just check out ebay and look up the new listing on a 105. Here is a pefect example of just makin' a buck. <u><font size="+2">THAT</font></u> is what hacks me off!!

SB, this must be the weekend to have to rework things that should be set. i ordered in a new gov. gear for the 341. when it got here one flyweight was stuck. dang, i hate having to tweak a brand new (Kohler) part before i can install it. after 20 minutes shaving plastic with a razor knife it's good to go.

i do like the rivets in place of the roll pins.

12584.jpg

well, i'm off to lap some valves.

Yah Tom there was a pretty decent 123 on there a couple weeks back. I could tell by the parts that it was an above average tractor, before it was scattered all over ebay. I went to the trouble of adding up all the winning bids when it was all over though, it was well over $650! It's too bad it got scattered though. Wonder if it woulda fetched $650 complete?

Someone emailed me the other day from around Logansport IN. Forgot to save your email address. Went to Cub Cadet Connection today. My Goodness he has alot of cubs.

No Ryan,
This person was from the Logansport area. But I got your email with the directions and was up by your way today. Talked to CCC. He is a very pleasant person to talk to. Has alot of cubs.

Never realized the was so many cub fans around this neck of the woods. I thought everyone around here bled green

Had a good Cub day today, so to speak. A guy called me up to appraise some Cat "0" parts for him before he put them on ebay. So I stopped by, shot him some wholesale/retail guesstimates. I ended up buying a Cat "0" dual gang disc that's never been assembled and a Cat "0" 12" moldboard plow. Both are sweet!

Didn't actually touch a Cub today, we'll save that for tomorrow. If I can get the drive line in the 1000 in the morning, I think I'll go plowing in the afternoon. Woo Hoo!

I discovered tonight as I was putting together my K241A that I am missing one of the washers that goes under the head bolts. My head has 5 studs and 4 bolts. According to the parts book I should have 9 washers but 1 is now gone missing. My dad took apart the head when I originally broke down the engine so I am not sure if it was originally there. I am trying to finish up the tractor so I can get back to mowing.

Is there any expedient I could use to temporarily torque the head and get the engine together? Could I use a couple standard washers to replace it until I get the right part?

On a different note went to the South Jersey antique engine show and the South Jersey Antique Tractor Pullers meet. Lots of IH represented. Mostly Cubs, MTA's and 560's. Did talk to a guy with a 122 there today.

Rick

Electrical Question:

Puzzled by this, but not strong on electronics, replaced starter generator today as battery was not charging. Now my 123 only starts if I have a charger hooked to it, if no charger get a rapid clicking sound from under dash for a few seconds than nothing, battery shows as 50% on charger. Even at 100% charge wont start the unit. Also battery will not recharge itself when disconnected over night. Also noticed quite a bit of acid build up on positive post, and positive post appears to be loose? Bad battery or something else? Battery is two years old.

Once unit is running it runs just great, even with lights on.

Thanks for any ideas,
Jim

Back