• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 01, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kenny M. -

I'm sure you can get the curved arms and the pulley used from one of our sponsors or in the classifieds.

You can also pickup a hub and pulley and weld 'em together yourself from your local farm supply - assuming you have a local farm supply...

Todd H. -

<FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> wouldn't have gone thru the expense of redesigning the upper arms if there wasn't a good reason, so if they said there was interference with an x82 grille, then there was interference with x82 grilles. You either are lucky or haven't pushed the unit to the point of striking the grille.

Obviously, the following applies in your case, too:
<FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT>

Colin, I always forget about that lift arm being different. Thanks for the correction. They look very similar though.
21967.jpg

Narrow frame

21968.jpg

Wide frame

Kraig -

The SGT's had yet another bracket...

Bryan, I didn't think they made a subframe for the SGT's to mount the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> blade, I thought they only used the Haban.
21970.jpg

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on October 05, 2004)

Kraig,
I think Bryan is talkin about that square edged lift bracket with the slot in the side for the lift rod. ;-p

I can't speak on the SGT blades, but it seems the 54" blade has a square bracket also.

Kraig -

When I bought my 42" blade, it had come off a 1711. Charlie & Colin are right - it was square and had a slot for floating, with a little bar that bolted on as a lockout.

And...

Seen a NEW MTD blade lately? Looks just like an old one, only it's all yellow. Looks like it'd probably fit, too...

Those wern't SGT blades, but rather late model 82 series (and later) blades. Starting with the 82 series (and later) the float function was taken out of the tractor linkage and placed entirely in the implement. The square bracket allowed you to "float" the blade or to lock it up solid for down pressure control.

Colin,
I sent you two emails and both were "rejected", thanks for the lift arm information.
Bill

SB -

Perhaps that's another reason why we "don't do MTD" here
wink.gif

What's this crap!
All files on the board are currently locked, as the board is being regenerated. This process will be finished in 7 seconds or less. Please wait 15 seconds and then submit your request again. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. [21977.TMP]

(Message edited by cproctor on October 05, 2004)

Charlie -

The board may apologize, but I don't!
lol.gif

Charlie -

Yep, I think we best leave the FOM in the Garage
wink.gif

Actually,a 1711 is just a 782 in white and yellow made in 1985,a garden tractor. Bryan,you had it right,MTD or not. When the KT17 was replaced by the Magnum 18 it simply became the 1811,one of the best.

OK... I'll bite,
What is a FOM?
Do you guys always have to speak in code?
ARGHHHH!

I'm going to guess f*** off man or somthing to that affect. Just use your imagination it works around here most of the time.
wink.gif

Thinking of swaping Foxtrot for Stinky on the 23rd....

BTW 427.5 hours and counting

Back