• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 01, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi kids, I'm new to this site, and have a question. What is the deal with the red cub cadets, I've only seen 1 or 2, are they a newer model or a special edition? Any help you can give would be great. Thanks

Bryan,

You forgot...

1 to threaten to ban anyone who discusses
lightbulbs/ light bulbs/ lamps ever again.

Mike
poof.gif

Hey guys! This is not a want ad for me, the guy that sells me my new pickup each year wants me to find him a blade and/or snowthrower for his weird 147!
happy.gif
SLANTGRILL, CHARLIE!!

I probably gave away the one I had that would work for him, darn!!!

What does he need? I have no Idea!

I asked here before, but didn't get any response. I told him I'd buy it/or them for him if someone had these for sale and would bring it/them to PD8. Come on guys help me out! I need to keep this guy HAPPY! I'll want a new pickup neXt January! Doubt if I can afford it though and I like the one I have!
happy.gif
Brian,
Please don't delete this mesage, I have a donation for doorprize for PD8 in mind!!
happy.gif

(Message edited by jlang on October 04, 2004)

Deborah-

The red "82 series" cubs were made from late 1979 thru 1984 with only 66,871 units produced.

Charlie,

Rumor also has it that there will be some tools and other very usefull stuff.......

Beans are out in the PD field, debris from the tornado is very minor. The neighbor right in it's path found a bowling ball with his chisel plow.......wasn't there until he turned it up....now tell me that isn't some power!!!!!

Now, just pray for a nice 1-1/2" rain the middle of next week to help soften thing up and beat down the stubble.

Will a QA42A work on a 782? If so, what changes will have to be made to it, and if not, why?
TIA

John L - You need a QA 36 or 42 blower for your buddy but a QA36A or a QA42A will also work, as for the blade a 42" or 54" will fit as long as you get the Narrow Frame Quick Attach subframe. Hope this helps. Plus some of the sponsors may have them for sale, check with them.

Bryan-
You forgot about the guy who posts light bulbs "for sale" in the open forum section!

...not to mention the guy who doesn't read the lightbulb <font color="0000ff">FAQ</font>.
roflol.gif

Steve-
Any chance of getting a list of already donated items without the names of those who donated them? I'd like to help out with the donations, but don't have a clue where to start.

Tedd,
According the the National Electrical Code, there is no such thing as a light bulb, they are all lamps! Guess they didn't talk to Edison when they wrote it!
But, since you ask, grin
A light bulb is a little round thing that goes in your table lamp. A lamp is a long white tube thingy that goes in your shop light. ;-p

Kenny M,
A QA42A will work on a 782 but you will have to change the thrower pulley to 5/8". And I'm not for sure but I think you might have to change the lift brackets too. I think that was talked about a while back.

Thanks, Charlie! I remember reading some discussion about this issue awhile back, but as I didn't have the 782 then I didn't pay real close attention to it. I do seem to recall something about curved lift brackets to keep the thrower from hitting the grille. Are the pulley and brackets fairly readily available?

Kenny,

You should use the curved upper links with a QA42A on an 82 series.

Current PD prize list:

Hydro fluid change "kit"
Service manuals
IH Books
Kohler Semi
Craftsman Tools
Tape Measure
Swiss Army knives
1/64 Cub Cadet semis

And for the raffle prize.........

*****Charlie*****

(What am I thinking, the 4-H club wouldn't get near enough $$$$ if we raffled off Charlie)

...How about a Brinly Implement donated by Charlie instead!!!!!!!!!

(thnaks to all who have donated so far)

Bill G. & Kraig,
The lift bracket is different lengths between a NF and a WF setup also. I've seen a NF bracket extended with a piece of flat metal to make the lift arm work on a WF.

Bill, your name sounds very familiar... You ever spend time around Oak Ridge???

Kenny,

There is a picture of the curved brackets in the Aug 27,2004 archive. I have a 682 with a QA42A blower. I do use the straight brackets and it seems to work for me. I never really looked that close at it. I'm not sure if you can get the curved bars but the pulley is still available. We had a good frost last night so the grass should be done growing. I'll try to hook it up and post a pic sometime later this week.

Tom H.-I've seen those bolts in other newer stuff,mainly a plastic hooded diesel. It looked to me to be about the same thing as an 82 series too. I don't see why you couldn't,I thought it was a damn good idea!

Latest posts

Back