• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 30, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out the Brute II cushioned hitches. I like them better, they look nicer and are simpler and more reliable. I have found that the DMI's don't always like to lock back into place. Once you've had a cushioned hitch, you'll never go back. Only down fall with the drawbar is that its not adjustable vertically.

Frank M.
I just found out that it's coming from the mentor Ohio area and yes it had a virus attached. It was a {robby stomping plains.bmp.exe}

David P:
I saw your post if any one had heard any thing out of me. I am ok been a wild time after the storm until last monday. 5 days with out elec after the storm, 14 pines damaged, so I had all 135 pines trees and stumps removed. Wrecked my truck and totaled my new camper south of Fredricksburg, Va the 7 of Oct. Went to court and the Wreckless Driving Charge was Dismissed.
Land scaping the yard where the tree were. and Getting ready for the fat Man.
Worked on the 1200 and got the transmission and axles and wheels and steering mounted.
and Work
Later
Frank {:-{)
from Southeastern VA
with a 1200

More on DMI hitches....I've seen the local Co-Op guys move rail cars with this hitch on a pickup. That is pretty bulletproof to me.

They tried using a Cub Cadet (hydro of course) and it DID move any empty car about 100 foot, but loaded was another thing!!

The Brute hitch is fine, but look at thier mouting bracketry (compared to the DMI) and they are wimpy......

I just received that "robby stomping" virus from an ebay address. It was attached to a message that didn't make any sense. My virus program caught and eliminated it. cjm

KEN - I hear You on the moving loaded Rail Cars. Township Road Commissioner I used to work for used a CASE 580 Construction King loader/backhoe until He split the oil filled uprights the lift arms attached to! Chrome on My 7-1/2 yr old DMI 10" drop bumper is still O-K EXCEPT in the recessed part where the welds, license & stuff are. DMI was the ONLY bumper that included the diagonal end braces when I bought My bumper. It's been discontinued I understand, Only the shock absorbing style are still available. My bumper had an "O-K QA" sticker on it when I got it from a chrome plater in Dubuque, IA. DMI was also cheaper than the "Wanna-Be" bumpers by quite a margin. Brother-in-Law had a Schuck I think it was, another HD shock absorbing bumper. IF You tow with a ball the shock absorbing feature isn't real important. Pull with a clevis hitch & pin like pulling wagons, etc. and I'd almost rather pull with a chain! Sure is hard on the Equipment!

Ken-
I'll agree with you on the chrome, mine's barely a memory and has been blasted and painted gray . . . which is starting to rust.

Either way, I don't think that 6ga steel is going to rust through without a fight.

For those of you that have been to Madsons alot , maybe you knew Butch Schnell , He passed away last Fryday of a heart attack at the age of 55.

(Message edited by dvogt on December 02, 2003)

Paul:
Welcome.
cubcubcubcubcub
beerchug.gif

erik..

try the johnny bucket ad above, and search the archives for a loader. a guy on the forum built one, and is top-shelf
14220.jpg

Welcome, Paul.

Always glad to have new knowledge and cubs.

CJM

Bryan,
Please post the linkage needed to lift the QA42A on a 982 when you get a chance...or anyone else for tha matter.

Thanks
Dave

Well I am back out of the woods and the Big Bucks are still running around.
Will have to try harder next year to get one of them in my crosshairs.

Thinking out loud.....Maybe we could get a security pass into UPRR's Global III yard at Rochelle, IL and have contests pulling TTX well cars with Cub Cadets. Add some bleach to the pavement and we could make some serious (non diesel)smoke!

Frank Watson...
Sorry to hear about your recent troubles! I had a tornado go thru my property years ago and it still bears the scars from it and it made lots of work for me. Took out 39 trees! Spent lots of time that year cleaning up and burning stuff. Guess we were lucky though, It didn't hurt my buildings much.

Thanks guys for the carry-all pics. I like them all but may go with John P.'s design,simple and open. I'm tired of using the handcart to take out the garbage.
wink.gif

Seeing the backhoe remindes me of one I sold that would have been perfect for a cub. I got it from one of those "Other" companies when I designed the original trailer mounted backhoe in the 70's. I will say where, as it is not made anymore, but I wold love to find one.

It is a Case-Davis 70. weighed approximately 300 lbs complete and would dig to almost 7 ft. If anybody knows where I could find one, I love to know. There were actually 3 models, 70, 100 and 130. I still have the specs for them.

The out riggers were way different than the one pictured here. That was one of the things I liked as it was more compact with them.

Had almost 180 degree of swing too. Swing cylinders were similar in placement to the 580 models.

I still have most of the plans for the 70 with dimensions.

I think if my memory seres me correctly that it would be a perfect size for almost all the cubs, especially the 82 series.

Traded it for a dump truck. Did not have cubs back then and it was setting in the corner of the shop collecting dust. Guy saw it and proposed the trade.

Latest posts

Back