• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 30, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sic 'em Charlie!!!

Is it just me, or are others somewhat amused to think of "Dan H. playing with his Cub Cadet collection"?
roflol.gif

Tedd -

You mean a "swinging drawbar"? You mean your Farmall Cub manual didn't cover that??
lol.gif

The Farmall manual, quoted on YTMag's website, sez:<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

The swinging drawbar is free to swing the full width of the regular drawber, making it easier to turn the tractor under load whan pulling trail-behind implements like disc harrows. It also facilitates steering on the straightaway when the tractor is pulling a very heavy load. The load exerts less sideways pull on the tractor and therefore interfers less with the steering. This attachment is especially desireable when working in small, irregular shaped fields.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote><font size="-2">spelling left as is...</font>

Kraig,
I received the video and CD this past week. I spent most of Thanksgiving day afternoon looking at the CD. Excellent job. The pictures were awesome. I would like to thank everyone that contributed to the CD. The video was also very good and I enjoyed watching it. Thanks again for your hard work.

Bryan,

If it did I don't know, manual went north with it.
wink.gif

I was looking for the one that you mount on you truck....
Thanks though!! Man I want to get back to playing with my Cubs!
proud.gif

Tedd, Okay, after not finding anything on a web search for DMI I'll try and explain. The hitch you describe has a draw bar like a tractor held in place by two guides and a pin. The front guide can be moved out of the way and the drawbar will swing right to left. The pin can be retracted and the drawbar can telescope out to help hook up whatever. Back up to reset the telescope, pull ahead (in theory) to recenter right to left. I have one on my 4X works killer. Oh yea, the whole deal is spring loaded to cut down on gravity box jerk. Makes pulling anything nice.

(Message edited by dross on December 01, 2003)

Tedd-
I've got the BIG DMI on my pickup, it's spring loaded and can be unlatched to float so you can hook up to a trailer easier. When you pull away with it, it finds center and latches back into place.

FWIW, after you're used to your vehicle and have a good reference point and "feel" for hooking up you don't really need the float option, but it's handy.

After you have one, you'll get to dislike reciever hitches, the DMI bumpers like mine are all the same, just use differnt hardware to mate from vehicle to vehicle, I had been looking at a Super Duty and all I was told I had to do is buy the adapter kit and the one from my '90 F250 would go right on.

Given, for a couple Cubs, they're overkill, for hauling a car, they're GREAT.

Dave,
I found DMI!!
Way Kewl!!!
Wyatt,
Yep that is what I hear. A guy at work was asking and I figured some one here would know what I was talking about. Your right overkill for a couple of Cubs, but for the travel trailer this guy has, it is the thing. He mentioned that it just about eleminated sway.... is this true??

Wyatt, I thought the big advatage for reciever hitches is equalizer hitches. I've never seen one for the drawbar style hitch.

Tedd there is anouther style of drawbar hitches out there that swing under the truck about three feet in front of the ball for turning. The ball hitch is locked in place with an equalizer so it can't pivot there. They are real expensive ($2000), but they control sway real well. I can't for the life of me come up with that name.

Digger:
I just got information from a computer engineer in NM that a new virus is out and about. Apparently is spread via e-mail. Has a Ninail.J that has a message saying "IMPORTANT" and an attached file of (www . paypal . com . pif) "spaced the dots so it will not appear to be an addressable site"

That is all he said to this point.

Is said to be a social engineering tye of virus.

Have not checked with anti-virus software site to see if this is in deed true.

That may be a variant of this.

Frank M. -

Social engineering? Ah, you mean Darwinism
roflol.gif

Everyone repeat after me, "I will NOT open attachments, I will NOT open attachments..."

BTW, .pif is an old, old filename extension - it means Program Information File - it's the way Windows 3.x used to run DOS programs. In other words, it's a program, NOT a website!

Here again, if folks check that Windows Explorer box for "hiding known file extensions" they're just RIPE for these kind of things...

Tedd, I've never seen one set up for a reciever like that. Thats a newer smoother version of what I have on the bottom of that page. It works nice. Can I say on a side note, no person here has expirienced a true tow untill you hook onto a Gravity box holding at least 250 bushel of any grain without some type of spring hitch. You don't notice how sore your back is untill your kidneys stop hurting,

Frank

Thanks for the info started live up-date as I read your post ....

Installed my hydro lift on the 147 this weekend what a PITA I see why they where not oferd as a dealer option. now thats it's installed I love it!!! i mounted the snow plow and i'm ready for the white stuff. the first "storm" could be saturday. We can just wait and see....

Joe

Dave-
You're right about the equalizers, I guess IMHO I'd rather have a gooseneck when the load gets to be that much.

DMI cushion hitches are great for towing as Wyatt notes, but the springs and linkages RUST out so fast its like owning an IH SCOUT.......

They leave no room left for an undermounted spare tire on a truck either, AND the chrome starts to rust way to early in its life (poor plating).

I had a DMI on the '96 Red PWR truck, but have a reciever on the '03 version, with the cushion style hitch tube.

Ken, How'd that cushion hold up? I've seen them but never talked to someone who had one.

Bryan:

I know whatyou are thinking.

I am only passing on what was stated by the Computer engineer. He was takling about the "Message" state being structured so that people would open it up. The use of familiar trusted terms dupped people into falling for the trap that is being set.

You are correct about the pif being something out of the past. I always want to see the file extension. One of the things I hate about the newer windows is that it sometimes hides it until you look further.

Cub original question. Are there different pedistals available for te original? Were they shipped with different types such as a hole over the adjusting scred on the steering column.

has anyone tried or succeeded in building a front loader for their tractor? if you have any input or advice about design and techniqual difficulties because i am considering trying to do this for a 782d. i am aware that the front axles will need changed. Other than that im looking for any suggestions or ideas

Back