• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 30, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Art,
Wow, that is an unusual set up. Is that a 782 or a 982, the tires look small in the photo. Checked with my buddy and the blower is a QA42A. Would the lift setup be the same as the picture when mounted on a 982?

Thanks
Dave Hull

Dave-
If it's a QA42A, then it'll have to have the curved parallel links, or it will not drop far enough to the ground. Maybe Steve could post a picture of his?

I can't comment on the lift linkage...

Art/David H. -

The QAxxA's curved upper links are so that the links don't whack the grille casting at full lift. Thus, they really only do any good if the bend is pointing down...
wink.gif

QAxxA's mount strictly with the "Frankenstein bolts" and the QA latch, no matter the tractor.

Hmm, so Robb has a 3-point card table?
lol.gif

BTW, Julie and I thank all you WI deer hunters out there. Without your help, we wouldn't have been able to suck every last bit of your significant others' disposable income during "deer widow's weekend."
roflol.gif

Bryan-
I've got a picture of my QA42A hanging from the front of my 1872. It's literally hanging off the ground even though the lift rod isn't attached, so those links do provide some length to let the blower hit the ground...

<FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT>

Kevin, here is one that Denny Frisk made.
14201.jpg

14202.jpg

And heres one that John Proeschel made.

14203.jpg

Sorry Art, but Bryan is right...links are for grill clearance only.

The downward travel on any QA-XX-A/B series thrower is determined by the back of the heavy lower parallel linkage hitting the gearbox subframe behind the rear pivot point.

I worked on 3 different QA-xx-A/B series throwers this weekend, so it's all fresh in my mind.

BTW Bryan, they are "correct" now to allow for hyd. hose clearance on the rotator....smart a$$.....
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Kevin, FWIW the Carry-All that Denny made was not finished in the photos. Oh yeah, that is now my Carry-All. :eek:)

SB -

I knew you'd straighten that issue out eventually
lol.gif

Kraig M:
The PD6 Picture CD showed up at my house this weekend - Thanks!

Big Bob

Hey Art, or anyone else who might know, can I put the mule drive and deck from my 1872 under my 1450 and have the deck function properly? I know the 1872 is a little longer than the 1450. I have the deck and mule drive from the 1872 that has the kwik way loader on it and I'd like to use them on the 1450. Thanks!

Has anyone built a roll-bar for a CC. I've got a 127 and will be doing quite a bit of work on hillsides and I'd like the peace of mind. I was think about mounting a 1/4" x 2" angle iron from the frame rails and extending to behind the seat. Then taking 1/8" or 1/4" x 2" square tubing and welding up a rollbar that would fasten to the angle irons. Anybody got any ideas, suggestions or pics?

Shirtman, no,not really a good fit. The mule drive pullies don't line up,plus they are for a wide (5/8") belt and the QL uses a 1/2" belt. Depending on the mower,it may not even fit(a 60" will not fit on a standard frame tractor)

You would also run into lift height problems,Mike,as the QL is lower than the 1872 so the lift links are different. Just not a good swap to make. Got the undercarraige for the QL? That may work to use the deck(unless it is a 60") on the tractor OK. Give that a try. Look at the width of the front "forks" that raise the deck and see if they fit the deck lift eyes. There were two widths used.

What is the name of the hitch that attaches to the frame up by the axle and can pivot side to side? How does this set up work??

Digger,

That's pretty much what I was thinking. I don't know if I can find anyone around here to bend the box tubing. If not, I'll have to cut it and weld it to roughly the same shape.

Is this one of your tractors? If it is, could I trouble you to send me the dimensions to give me a starting point?

Thanks.

Gary

KRAIG - At least You could have shown a finished shot of the Carry-All on Your AC. It's 2150 Red so it's as close to being IH as Your going to get! ;-)

Jim:

Maybe you need to take a trip over here and we both go raid the place.

I may try and go by tomorrow as I have to visit a courthouse about 10 miles west of there.

Before anybody gets the wrong idea, I regularly visit courthouses to do Land Surveying research. I spend hundreds of hours each year in them. That is also how I find cubs. I have a list in my survey truck and everytime I see one, I either stop and see if it is for sale or at least record the Part of the section, Twp and range so I can find it again.

I have found several dozen so far this way and bought most. There still is a 1650 I cannot get the owner to sell to me.

It just sits there under a tarp waiting to come home with me.

Dan C:

Find out about the Cub we talked about when you get a chance.

Now that I know it is not as far as my trip over, I am rally interested.

I don't know if it's just me or not, but there's someone with an e-xpedient.com address from this forum that's firin off virus's. Who ever you are, please check your machine so I don't have to dig around and find yer A$$!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back