• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 30, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Tom H,
Funny you should mention that, I just came in and saw those and thought of you settin there sayin those no good $&(*)(&*%^$& will never quit will they!!!!!!!

Frank, 60 mies in what direction?
happy.gif
Thank you, dave

Frank,
Glad to hear you made it home okay.

Is the two brackets that is on the 1/2 Original on the left and right of where the motor sets? I noticed them, but never could figure out what they was for.

Did you notice the hand clutch that someone put on it?

Dan C:

You got the right two brackets. Interesting. Look almost like they were original.

Guys,It is time that we decide who the heck is having Spring Plow Day so that plans can be made for the event and people can plan their vacations accordingly. Their is some interest in having it in Southeast Minnesota appx. 75 miles from Travis's place. I would suggest that if someone doesn't step forth in the next day or two we consider this offer. Digger has more specifics but I hope that he remains quiet on this topic for a short time.

Frank,

Lessee. If I'm 40 miles from you and the place with the 100 Cubs is on the way from your place to Dan C's place, off the main Interstate...

Nah, you keep your source. I can't get off work (60-70 hrs/week)long enough to cross state lines even for Cubs.

Hugh,
As Charlie said about a weeek abo, "Keep your pants on!". Things are being worked on right now. Wouldn't you rather know <u>EXACTLY</u> the who's, when's, and where's first. Would kinda' suck if you made all the arrangements on false information?

I know where you are comming from, but if you ask around, this stuff takes time.

Now, off the soap box.

Thanks for the e-mail Frank. I was wondering if the boss would care if I made this a 5 day weekend.
happy.gif

Bruce Moore, Oops, that was a typo!
happy.gif
It's not my starter/generator test setup! It's my starter repairman's setup! I'll try to get a photo next time I pick up a starter/generator with mine on the equipment!

Bruce M,
I have a cab on the tractor. I made a little switch panel to mount in the cab. The panel holds
a fuse, the DPDT switch for the chute rotator and a switch for the snowthrower mounted lights. I have a 2 pole plug coming out of the dash to the panel. It supplies hot from the ignition switch
(so the key has to be on for everything to work).
I then have a 4 pole connector from the switch panel to the snowthrower. I used trailer wiring connectors. The way it is set up, I can unplug the 4 pole from the cab and take off the thrower.
Then I can unplug the 2 pole when I remove the cab. Hopefully, I can test it out soon in the snow.

O.K. who's got all the snow?
happy.gif

14190.jpg

14191.jpg

Tom H.- I know you wanted pics of the diesel lift rod,I'll get them,just a little late to fire it up and turn it around tonight. The 54" blade on the Hornet was a whoppin' 75 bones,quite a find by my standards.

(Message edited by KDunham on November 30, 2003)

Tom- I need to know since we are signing vacation at work and it is by senority and it is up to me and I hate to keep my fellow workers waiting for the sign up sheet.

Dunham-
So, when did "The Hornet" come out of the paint booth?

You need a stop-sign and a couple of red flashing lights fer that thing!
err.gif

Dunham- The snow didn't stop at my place.

Look's like the Hornet is ready for action along with the back up unit. I have 3 cubs crying for snow removal time in my grudge.LOL

Art- I put that together 2 years ago for my Dad. I brought it back to my house to do some maintenance and let my neighbor use it for the winter. For some reason my Dad is afraid of the thought of using it to plow snow,he'd rather do an 1,100 foot driveway with a 24" walk-behind White snowblower. He says it only takes him 3 hours....
err.gif
err.gif
err.gif

Hugh-Do you have any snow? Who the hell does? It was about 50 degrees in southern WI today with a spring-like breeze.

Does anyone have a pic of a Cat O carryall handy? Maybe building one will keep my mind off of snow for awhile.

We took my neighbors K301 apart tonight out of his 1250. It wasn't running quite as well as he'd hoped after getting it "re-done" 3 years ago. Broken compression ring,at least .060 piston to cylinder clearance,cam a tooth off,cracked oil pan,cracks in the connecting rod,spring gone off the ACR flyweight,throttle shaft in the carb cooked,etc. He's doing a complete teardown on the tractor after seeing the Hornet and is gonna need alot of stuff. Good to see one getting saved in my garage instead of another gettin' parted...

Boner - That is a true sign of a retired person who doesn't have anything better to do.LOL

Hugh-"Retired". What does that mean? I've heard the word before but haven't a clue it's meaning.
wink.gif

Boner-
My dad's the same way with his walk-behind. Won't even take a cub <font size="-2">to use only</font> for winter duties! He says he likes how a walk-behind let's him "do a clean job"...

Huh??...

Anyway, the "Hornet" looks nice.

Dave Hull-
Here's those lift pictures of an H48 snowblower on a 982. It looks funky, but it worked well...
14194.jpg

14195.jpg

14196.jpg

(Message edited by aaytay on November 30, 2003)

Dunham-
Is this what you're looking for? It belongs to Robb Kruger of the WFM site if you have any questions I'm sure he'll help you.
14198.jpg

14199.jpg

Images courtesy of the Robb Kruger image library

(Message edited by aaytay on November 30, 2003)

Back