• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 27, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbell

displayname
Paul Bell
Shultzie

Early on the right, later on the left. Both of these have the spindles with the pin and collars.
300623.jpg

Attachments

• 300623.jpg
    300623.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 119
  • 300623.jpg
    300623.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 125
Will a coil for an 2 cylinder Onan fit and work on a 2 cyl KT17 Kohler?????

Charlie
I had seen the one on Dave's website and wondered if his had something special to make it work on both engines, or if the stock coils would interchange. I found a supposely new Onan coil for a very low price, and also know of a non running 782 that has no spark.........Hmmmmm

I got a question/Pic in 'restoration' Topic about removing spray-on adhesive from TOMCAT's cab. It's sorta etched into the metal. I'm ready to work off some Turkey n Pie by disassembling the Cab now. Locomotiveman Tom

Tom S.
It's called lacquer thinner!
thumbsup_old.gif

If I were you, I would wipe it down just a little to smooth it up some, respray for the new liner and forget it.
That old glue is tons better than what you can get today!

Attachments

• thumbsup_old.gif
    thumbsup_old.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 94
David S.
They both are for the angle kits.
One is the old version (small), other is new(large)

The only way to rebuild them is to cut the end off and re-weld.

Any good hydraulic shop can do it.

A question for the 169 experts did any come with the serial number on the side of the frame instead of the rear of the trans?

I have to agree with Lew. Pretty sure all 169's came from the factory with the frame serial number tag.

The new 1450 had only one working headlight. 2 new bulbs and....one working headlight. It turns out there was corrosion inside the lug of the right headlight so power went through the right lug to the left light. Made a new harness and both lights are on. I will make a new ground harness as well.

The 1250 I use for plowing (snow) has one light ring and the switch' so I'll put one of the old lights and the old harness in that to have 2 snow movers with light(s). As my intention is to sell off the 1250 in the spring (and switch to my Hydro lift 129 instead) I'm not doing much fancy work on it.

I have 3 sets of 10.5" tires, and 1 8.5" rear tires. I intend filling a set of 10.5s with fluid for the 1450 with the snow thrower. I have a set of the "snow tire" tread and 2 sets of the "Knobby" turf tire. Which should I fill for use with chains for clearing a stay-mat driveway? Should I fill another set of 10.5 to get a bit more weight or the 8.5" for less flotation on the 1250 w/snow blade. They are all of comparable condition, I used the 8.5s with chains and 1 set of IH weights last winter with no problems.

I'm leaning toward the "snow tire" 10.5" & 8.5", but would be interested in hearing others thoughts.

well there is a chance that some 169s may have had a rearend tag, first 169 was 506737

My latest dated rear end tag indicates a Febuary 1974 build and my next tractor is a May 1974 build and that tag is on the frame left side

So between Feb.'74 & May '74 they moved

Feb74 #500115 thru May #510353

Mike we had a thread going in the sandbox about the rare 169
https://www.ihcubcadet.com/forum/messages/22744/254070.html?1378771470

But,,

This is Charlies quote about the threard

Ok folks,
Here's the deal.
I'm really getting tired of the emails asking WHY this thread continues all by itself and not on the main forum board.

Soooo, if the emails continue, I'm gonna shut it down. So don't be surprised if it happens.

Back