• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 24, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfrade

displayname
Mike Frade
I purchased a cheap auto creeper for a few dollars and set the snow thrower on it, it's a good height and helps with the small adjustments since it's on caster wheels. When I take it off for the season, I set it back on the creeper and shove it against the wall.

It works well for me...

Mike F

If you got a cement floor a creeper will work great and a slick idea. Every morning I look at the local for sale adds to see if there are any CC related things for sale. Today a few things came up that spiked some interest.

264941.jpg

and this .

264942.jpg

Don, yes a small garage with cement floor. I actually bought the creeper off of C-List for 7 bucks I think.. it does work well.

Are you going to do some farming next season? Planter and cultivator are some cool attachments, maybe a small garden is coming?!?!

Nice score Don! Both look to be in decent shape! You ever decide you don't have enough room for that planter in your shed, you can send it my way. I'd make room for it here, heck - I'd kick the wife outta bed to make room for it if I had to!
BedFart.gif

Not much buying going on around here, the ads are pretty slim for Cub stuff!

Winter is trying to show up here, had some snow last night, enough to make the ground white, bitter West wind today, brought the wood inside and that was enough for me!

Charlie,

Your website up and running again, your warehouse open for Christmas Business???
drool.gif

Mike P.
By Charlie "Digger" Proctor (Cproctor) on Saturday, November 23, 2013 - 07:58 am:

BTW,
CCS is back online as a reference site for the time being.
You can look at everything, navigate all the pages, but nothing can be bought just yet.

pcwhack.gif

Right on Charlie! Appreciate that, can't wait till your up and ready to fill orders again!

How's the house coming, you and wife looking forward to being back in "Your own place" I am sure!

OK! I could sure use some help with the install of a windbreaker on the 1450 I plan on using the thrower on this winter.

Using the install instructions from the manuals section as a guide, it looks like I am missing some parts. Mainly both of the "yoke supports" and the "saddle"
If someone has one of these units and could get me some measurments and maybe a picture of sketch or two would sure be appreciated. Looks like I have everything else. The supports look like just 1/4" x 1-1/2" flat with a few bends and holes but the Saddle looks to be a little more involved and will need to be fabricated.

Thanks!

While mulching leaves with a 149 I saw this on the mower deck just bouncing around. I have no idea where it came from.

264952.jpg

Michael, it looks like the same spline used for they hydro control handle, But that can not be if your using the tractor.

Looks like one of the little nuts that hold a gauge bracket or wire on. I'm guessing its only and 1/4" big right? It's pretty shiny to come from a 30+ year old tractor. Have you put any new gauges or wiring in?

I'd start looking behind the dash.

Yes, it is a 1/4" hole. I will check the back of the gauges. It is kept inside all the time so that might explain for the shiny part.

How does the tube that is approximately 2" long that the oil dip stick goes in attach to the engine block? I just brought home a 149 and it doesn't one. I have an old engine I can take one off of.

Micheal S. it occurred to me that the little nut might also be aluminum, so it's also shiny (or dirty, never rusty).

And secondly about the dipstick... I can't help but give you a little trouble. My first thought was "I bet it goes on the new engine the opposite way it came off the old one." Therefore being self explainitory.

Sorry man, couldn't resist.

DON T. - Nice score on the Brinly planter & row drop cultivator. The planter hardly looks used. Did you get any extra planter plates for planting different sized seeds with it or the dpro change seeding rates? And the clutivator was either just repainted/restored or has never been used.

Two nice attachments you can use and not have to put time or money into restoring.

I thought you said CC "Stuff" was rare up there?!?! ;=)

Denny

It has all 7 plates I was told. Seems the plates are hard to find ; I must look to see what the plates draw for a price lol.

I will be bring them all home Friday . I would like some info on the planter . I was told it still has the row marker to go with it. Some instructions on use would be nice . Thanks Don T
1a_scratchhead.gif

DON - WOW... You got a GOLD MINE there in that planter!

The reason I asked is the previous owner must have used a different style from another kohler engine or modified this one.

264974.jpg

264975.jpg

Mike: I think that's normal. I call it the "don't check the oil when the engine's hot" dipstick.
happy.gif

Back