• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 23, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Norm-

If I were you I'd really try and get an oil pan. It's the best jig you could ask for too. Treat yourself to a new pan gasket and oil. The engine's already out. After bolting to the pan I just tack a couple of spots and let it cool, repeat and when it's good and stable it won't warp that much when welded. I think ALL of them move a little regardless. This is also another advantage of having a pan in hand. You can fit/center the bolt holes (fine tune) with a round file which makes final bolt in easier. It won't require much filing if any and that will only be side to side. I especially envy the thin fingered man when it comes to the two mounting bolts above the axle.

I'm sure you'd do fine either way but I'd shoot for the pan.

I have not been on here for a while so this is a little late, but I just wanted to make a comment regarding plow day.
I do not have a plow so I have not been there but the picture of all of the cub plowing together is the greatest. I look forward to seeing it every year. Thank you for posting that pic.
Earl LaMott

Earl, I think is my all time favorite action photo that I've taken at a PD. This was at PD 11 in Iowa in April 2006.

232943.jpg

Interesting thing I just noticed. Travis Schweizer is leading in the photo I just posted below and the parade round photo that I posted on Monday, Travis is at the end of the line with his son riding with him.

Steve B., <strike>amazing</strike> scary how the time has passed by so quickly!
icon_eek.gif

Norm,

When I did the rail repair, I found that I had a bolt hole in the oil pan that was stripped. So, I installed a HeliCoil while I was at it. But it is easy to pull the pan and use it for a jig to tack weld everything together. Then remove the oil pan and finish welding the brace. Nothing moved, after clean up and painting, everything went together perfectly.
1AA_dance2.gif

I'd love to see a turn out at a PD like that again. I was there minus tractor, but had a great time. I miss those big plow days.

Troy,
I thought your Dad took measurements of mine when you were here...
Let me know what you need.
That is one long line of cubs Kraig.

I counted twice and came up with 34 cubs
Shift.gif
before the green starts, Kraig do you have a count for us?

Thanks for the info, guys. I was looking to not remove the pan because I just changed the oil (not that I couldn't re-use it) and I didn't want to have to get a pan gasket. I might end up making a jig of some sort, I don't know.

How about my other question???

There are 39 Cub Cadets with Lance Benton on his 1650 Massey Ferguson mixed in, then one Case GT then the Green tractors start.

232945.jpg

Looks like Art Aytay was the last Cub Cadet in the lineup. Not sure who is on the Case or the first JD.

232946.jpg

I believe this is Lance Benton on the MF. Lance usually was at Pds on a VERY nice Cub Cadet model 73.

Happy and safe Thanksgiving to everyone. And remember to thank our Veterans.
war.gif

KRAIG - Was PD # 11 the one Hank Will attended? If so I'm somewhere in that line of tractors. Think that was the last PD I went to.

Nice pics Kraig. That long line (your favorite) was getting the job done. I'd like to know what the land owner had to say. I'm sure he was pleased.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Bad time of the year to be a turkey though, huh.

Well I was close, must of missed a couple in the end of the line. Either way a very neat photo.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.....

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. One of the many things I am greatful for is this site. Thanks Charlie, Bryan and Kraig and everyone else involved.

Melody, I completely second that. Happy Thanksgiving all, enjoy!
greenthumb.gif

Norm B.

The bolt on the bottom of the coil is also used to get a good ground from the engine block to the coil bracket. The condenser gets its ground from the coil bracket. If the condenser looses its ground you get some bad results.

You first screw the stud in with a screwdriver until it touches the block, then I usually wipe it so it makes a good contact, then tighten it to the point the tin just starts to bend out, that will make a good connection. Then install the coil bracket and nut.

Latest posts

Back