• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 19, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snicklas

displayname
Scott Nicklas
Frank.....

Yep, not surprised. The power a tornado has is amazing. The metal pole barn that was destroyed across the street from Mom and Dads house left a path of debris 4 or 5 miles long. Some of the things you hear tornados can do is real. Midwest and Great Lakes are storms are something else. We had family in from North Carolina and a "normal" storm blew in (rain, wind and got really dark). They were freaking out, since our normal storms here, would send them into hiding. We have all kinds things to use the Cubs to clean up after..... wither it is cleaning up after a summer storm with all the tree and structural damage, to clearing the snow so we can get in and out.... we have weather like no where else.....

yeah that one lol i dont know what happened there with the picture. its pretty nice and fires right up.

FWIW - I was at summer camp with a troop of Boy Scouts a few years ago when a powerful derecho came through.

Here is a link to the aftermath: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFeVds_A_Fc&feature=player_embedded

High winds are not good! Surprisingly no one was hurt, we were moved from the campsites prior to the storm hitting, into a dining hall - where the camp conducted a "camp fire" event w/o the campfire of course. It was amazing how calm everyone was inside the building while the storm raged outside. I stood near a window and from time to time would glance outside and huge oak trees were being bent over like twigs. It was truly a miracle no one was hurt.

Cub Cadet content: a friend of mine told me later that his carport/outbuilding was flipped over by the high winds of the storm. His Cub Cadet inside got rolled over with it too. I think he had to replace the steering wheel, otherwise no damage! The carport/outbuilding was a total loss.

Snow chains. The instructions say: 'Simply throw the chains over the tire and work it down and around. Yeah Right! #1 can't lift 110 lbs of chain #2 can't easily slide them between Tire and Fender.
Compared to my other tractor.. the cub isn't bad
264851.jpg

TONY - Time to eat your WHEATIES. That chain should be easy. The chains I put on my #1 snow mover weigh twice that much, are on 5 ft tall tires just a bit over a foot wide, 2-link cross chains and the whole chain is HEAVY 5/16" link chain.

But then My tractor doesn't have fenders, it used to, and there's free access to the frt & rear of the drive tires, plus I can still reach the manual trans shifter and brake pedals.

I DO envy you your cab it looks like you have, bet it's got a heater too!

Finally, after 10 years, I replaced the trailer tires on the front of my 100 with tri-ribs. Deestone 4.00-8's. They go good with the 23-8.50-12's on the rear. Tractor sits level.

264861.jpg

I'm running GBC 3.50-8's on the front of my 70. They go good with the shorter 6-12's on the rear of it. Tractor sits level.

264862.jpg

Just gotta love them 70/100's.....

264863.jpg

Mike P.
I've had a few other things on my mind the last 3 weeks and forum infractions just wasn't high on my priorities list!

Oh ok Charlie, you win! Yep, you had more on your plate than me, heck more than all of us put together!
1a_scratchhead.gif

Glad to see things are getting cleaned up though and well, a new house on the way too before winter sets in! YIKES!

Kirk,

Super nice! I have Deestones on my cubs too. I also am very partial to the 70,100, and also the "O".
ihrotate.gif

Just starting a refurb on a 100. whats the thoughts on the wide Deestones (16x6.5x8's) vs the 5 rib V61's from Miller? I cant decide....

Most likely will have 23x10.50x12 deestones on the rear.

John,
If you are going with the wide rims on the front of your 100, the 5 rib V61's would be my choice.

John, Kirk gave you an answer to your question. I'm going to offer an opinion. Take a good look at the tractors Kirk just posted and think tri-rib. Ags on the rear and tri-ribs on the front SO work for me! I think it goes back to the "H" we bought with cast off automobile tires on the front. What a difference tri-ribs (the "proper") front tires made!
happy.gif

With that "on topic" statement made, I now have to put a plug in for a sponsor - Cadet Connection. I (finally) subscribed, got the latest issue, liked it and decided to start another collection. Ordered the first 2 years of back issues and would recommend that all serious CC peoples (that's PC for guys and gals) go for the back issues while they're available. Total historical and refurbish/restore information.
What's caught my eye is the names that I'm familiar with, due to the affiliation with this hobby/sickness over the past few years.
happy.gif
happy.gif

Took me awhile to decide, but I finally went with Carlisle 23x8.50's on the rear and Deestone
4x8.00 tri ribs on the front. My six 70/100's are all done alike. Tractor seems level, and to me, looks proportional. Remember though, It's what YOU like!

264875.jpg

264876.jpg

Between Kirk and Pauls pics, I really do like the narrow version as well. Now Paul says that, after picking up a set of narrow rims! HAHA. Since I'm not really going to do much with this 100 after refurb (Options include lights, creeper, rear pto, 90degree gearbox/belt pulley, Factory upholstered pan seat) the narrow 3 ribs might be the ticket.

Dennis I bought this one to be my first and last large tractor.
Spent the big bucks for Full Cab for extreme Summer and winter use. Heat and AC. My future retirement property is 2000+ feet above sea level and in a snow belt. I dream of plowing the 800 ft driveway in my Slippers and undies.
264890.jpg

TONY - For the sake of your neighbors, at LEAST wear a ROBE!

Back