• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 19, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never claimed to be "Kraig" either, it's something my parents did.....

Charlie, naw you wouldn't be lost Kentuck would tell you where to go. :eek:)

I am going to paint the inside of a snowthrower with slip-plate for my dad. How do you prep the surface? Rough up the original paint? Get down to bare metal? What about treating rusted metal?

Bob, you'll want to remove any rust that's there. Then give it a coat of primer then some white paint then brush on two coats of Slip-plate. The reason you want a good coat of paint under the Slip-plate is because Slip-plate is a wearable surface coating, it'll need to be recoated every couple of years, depending on use of course. Be sure to remove the discharge chute and coat the area where it rotates and coat the inside of the discharge chute.
23336.jpg

Kraig/Bob:
I am also getting my snow blower ready. I have everything done, but I was wondering what is this Slip plate you mentioned and the purpose.
My blower has not been used in a number of years (I have never used it) and I have not had the shute off. Maybe I should take it off and do the proper maintenance there too.
Thanks
Earl

Can you belong to Chapter 34 and another chapter at the same time?

Does anyone know the difference in length between a steering column from a 123 and one from a 149?

I recoated my QA42 with Slip-Plate last night. I took a couple of photos. IMO the most important part to coat is the area leading to the discharge chute, inside the discharge chute and the area where the discharge chute rotates.
23338.jpg

These are the clips that hold the discharge chute on.

23339.jpg

This is the bottom of the discharge chute.

23340.jpg

Inside of the discharge chute.

23341.jpg

This is the auger housing where the discharge chute mounts.

Mr. McCarty -

<font face="courier new">Remote-MTA: DNS; gateway.insightbb.com
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 [SUSPEND] Mailbox currently suspended - Please contact correspondent directly
</font>

Charlie -

Hey, we only said no "you GOT mail" posts
wink.gif

Question!
Since we all know that some 169's had manual lifts, did they come with ported hydro pumps or not on the one's with manual lift?
Seems I remember a discussion on this a few years back, but CRS has set in!

Yes, ported pumps.......No, implement relief spring.....there was a kit (brackets, cyliner, valve, lines, relief spring, etc.) to convert manual to hyd.

Charlie-
As far as I've understood the 169's with manual lifts were only equipped so because of a shortage of available valves or lines at the factory, they came with ported pumps. On top of that, there's a manual for specifically installing hydraulic lifts on a 169 and it's written as though all 169's had ported hydros.

Ready set archive........

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on November 23, 2004)

Back