• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 18, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Change your mowing pattern...you are leaving ruts because of repeated compaction from running in the same tracks all of the time. Ags or not, this will happen.....it happens on the outside lap of my lawn with the ZTR, just too much wheel traffic in one place.

As far as mowing goes the only real thing I try to do is to cut in such a pattern where I discharge where I've already cut so I'm not mowing the same grass twice. (that's redundant.) Works for me.

Hydro,

My ZTR has less tread on the tires than turfs or ags and it still cuts ruts around the outside of the yard (where I MUST mow in the same patern each pass)........repeated compaction, no matter what the tread pattern, is the problem.

Only fix is less weight, bigger tires, or varied pattern.

Steve - Mr. Plow, by bigger tires I assume you mean "wider" tires to spread the weight.

larger dia or wider would both result in larger foot print. Laregr foot print = less PSI = less compaction.

I finally have my first Brinly plow. This is an old 10" and it worked really well! Many thanks to Aaron Schmidt for his excellent work on the adapter kit. I ordered the extended version to be able to keep my tiller gearbox in place. The quality is top notch and it works great. I just wish I had hydro lift...

249140.jpg

249141.jpg

Here my dad is trying it out on my small vine garden. He was impressed with it.

249142.jpg

This is a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to going to some Plow Days next year!

249143.jpg

Can't wait to learn all the "ins and outs" of proper plowing!!
1AA_dance2.gif

Scott I don�t know if anyone helped you but I have a stack on my 61 cc original and you just thread 1 in pipe into the engine and out of the hood and I use I full size farmall cub muffler on them here is some pictures of my cub for you to look at.
249153.jpg

Charlie was here.
249154.jpg

Josh - that plow set-up and plowing looks great! Perhaps you can get a spring assist to help with lifting the plow. What model tractor is that?

Hydro Harry, thanks to you and Matt for helping me get the parts needed to add hydraulic lift to the 169.

Tom H., the starter generator works fine. Thanks to you also.

Josh,
Nice set up with your plow! Looks like your father is having a blast with it. You had better kick him outta the seat, he will have your garden all plowed before you get to use it.
biggrin.gif

Plowing is fun, especially with a Cub! One thing you might find easier or more correct while plowing, level out your land side, the long flat piece that runs along the wall of the furrow. There is a posting somewhere on this site I think that shows you how to adjust your plow. If you level it out more, your share or point won't be nose diving into the ground and it will pull pretty clean, depending on how wet the ground is. You should have a fairly clean, flat bottomed furrow left behind when your done. Again, this will depend on how wet and hard your ground is.

249158.jpg

This ground was WAY too wet to be plowing, but it needed to be done. You get the idea, wish I had a picture of the plow in the furrow to explain my point more. Sorry

I used to watch my Grandpa set up a plow, no joking he'd spend an hour or more on and off the tractor, adjusting this and that each fall. But he got it right by the time he was done and his fields looked great, all the furrows rolled over nicely, not too much grass or corn stalks showing. They were darn near picture perfect I always thought!
249162.jpg

Bill J-Thanks for the compliment. The more seat time I have on this tractor (which is technically my sons) the more I like it
buttrock.gif
. It is, as Jeremiah correctly observed, a 125. It is such a solid little machine that it is hard not to like. It does have the spring assist but if you take a look at the off topic tractors section at the Case tractors thread, you will see me plowing with my daughters 224. That tractor has hydraulic lift which is extremely convenient
1a_violin.gif

Mike P--Thanks for the tips on plow setup. It looks like you were having some fun with yours as well. I'm hoping to take mine over to my uncles farm on Friday and plow a much larger area. My soil is so sandy that it really wasn't testing out the machine all that much. My dad did enjoy it and got him talking about digging out his '65 WH and old Bolens plow!
bouncy.gif
We are going to start the refurbish on a 149, that I found for him a couple of months ago,this winter. That will work really well for plowing and I aim to get a 3 point set up for it.

Frank - Yeah tires on the cart are 23x10.50x12's off the 1450. I was all about trying to use what I had laying around. And bigger than most tires that come on most carts.

Jeremiah - thanks. Yeah I didnt worry about lights on this one. And I just used the plywood since I had it laying around - it is pressure treated plywood at least. The bottom is pt decking boards, and the cut offs were about perfect length for the tailgate. Expanded metal would work great too.

Some of the welds are nice looking, some arent the best. Penetration wasnt quite as good as I would prefer but I was maxed out on the little welder. With the way most of the angle overlaps, most joints are like 6 welds. The only ones I was remotely concerned with were the hub to axle welds, and I had to go over them a few times. I've only used it maybe on 3 trips so far but its been working great.

To be honest I think its a perfect match with the cubs, I'd like bigger of course (both trailer and tractor) but then I wouldnt be able to haul them back and forth to the farm as easy (especially not on my 6x10) and I wouldnt be able to get around in the woods as easy either.

Hi all, hope everyone is well. My question is reguarding our unicorn of Originals. I have always wondered what happened to the M and W Original that was in Danville, IL. It was sold in I think 2007 to some guys out in Iowa. Purchased from B and D Sales. Did anyone here by any chance wind up with it or know where it is? I am just curious where it wound up. Thanks, Tyler

Mike P.
I've just got to ask.
How come your only plowing what looks like about 3" deep?
Are you just trying to get the grass off the plot and gonna go deeper this spring?

The float lock button is missing from my 129 manual lift. Is this spring loaded? How is it held in place. I will order one but want to be sure I am getting the right thing for it to work. Thanks

Brian C. Hoffman
Parts look up above will tell you all about the manual lift.

249190.gif

I think you can see how this works . The button 9 screws onto part 5 . spring enables it to staying what ever notch you chose on part number 6. Hope this helps

When to my local hard wear store to make up a wire to test some wiring on two tractors here that don`t charge . This is what I made up 6 feet long .

249193.jpg

Of course I got some kid to deal with and He did not understand what I wanted for clips. Funny thought when I said I think you young guys use these to smoke POT , OH yes I know what you want now . lol

Back