• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 18, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know what you guys are talking about with that
thrust bearing. I work at a NAPA store and I couldn't come up with anything by just using 605.
Our interchange system in the computer has a wildcard search that you type in 605* and it will bring up every # that starts with 605 and it still didn't work. It brought up lots of #s but none were a thrust brg. I'll try again tomorrow
with the 605V. BTW has anyone thought of the possibility of using one of those bearings as a throwout brg on a gear drive?

Hang on,don't count Charlie out yet. Is the right sidecover on the 782D slightly different? There is no way in hell a straight rod will go from the existing bracket hole on the rockshaft to the plow itself without bending the crap out of the sidecover. I can't even attach it right now as it sits,not even close. Is the lift rod maybe supposed to have a bend?

Hmmm . . . it might be close, 1" bigger radius, BUT sits up higher.

Mr. Frisk,
Think you could compare your 72 and 982 to judge if the hood would clear?

Mike-That would explain alot! Does anyone have a diagram per chance or good picture? I'd be alot better off getting it as close to proper as possible. Thanks....

kevin the rod has a bend 9inches from the plow and its 30inchs long and the bend is about inch up toward the cover. i don't have a photo or i give it to ya.

O.K. thanks Mike!
happy.gif

Wyatt-Mine has a 1" bigger radius and sits up real high too,if ya know what I mean...
biggrin.gif

Ben - If you have trouble finding that bearing, email me offline. I think I may have an extra one you can have.

Mark

Steve B.!
Nice to have someone mention the "Eastern Crowd."
Have plow will travel,within reason.

For the American Chopper fans...
We stopped by at OCC a few weeks ago. Cody was out in the back - no autographs this day. I bought my son one of those winter knitted caps with the OCC logo from a nice lady that I think was big Pauls daughter. Let's just say she could sell a snow cone to an eskimo and leave it at that. ;-) To keep on topic, I have my wheel weights and the snow blade on today. Just have to put the chains on.
13966.jpg

Mark

(Message edited by mburger on November 19, 2003)

(Message edited by mburger on November 19, 2003)

Kevin, the bracket that bolts to the plow frame sticks out farther for an 82 series. Do you have the right one?

On the PD7 note, I don't care if Plow Day is in Florida, I'M THERE!!
buttrock.gif

kevin

i have a 1512 same as 782d i can measure my rod for the angle you need If you need any measurements send me an email.

Travis-I just looked at that and I'm pretty sure that's part of my problem,there's just no side clearance. I'm gonna take a few measurements and go see what I can do at work tomorrow.
Eric-I may need some info,I'll see what happens,thanks! I'm going to use a 2-stage blower lift rod with the "fine tuning turnbuckle". It'll probably be set up with the bracket below the floorboard and rod bent slighty with fire. The rod I got today is some heavy duty stuff.
Mark-Cooool pic!!!
thumbsup.gif

Thanks Charlie and everyone!!!!!

Kevin - I didn't forget about you.
I'm going back. As it turns out, OCC is only 45 minutes from here. Just to my left in that picture is a trailer where they sell posters and hats etc.. The next time I go, I'll try to get one of the posters signed for you. They also had 4 bikes sitting outside. The 9-11 tribute bike, the helocopter bike, the jet bike and another one that I can't remember.

Mark

Mark-
Do ya think you could get a picture of that eskimo buying the snowcone next time you go?...
wink.gif

Kevin, you got one of the brackets here? I think the square looking ones are the one you need.
13968.jpg

Wyatt, if you really like the larger or taller steering wheel I have a 100 hood with a big notch cut into it for clearance. Father in law notched it to clear the wheel after the grill was pushed back. I never did find any one thing to blame with the grill. Just a little bend everywhere.
You could pick up that hood on a "western" plow day!

Jerry, I have one of those too!! Of course, it got stolen ;-)

Well, maybe I should speak up now so people can mark there calenders. I would like to host PD in the spring of 2005!! That'll give it a year and a half to bring it over here ;-)

Travis, you need a new title. ..

"I had one of those, but somebody stole it."
sad.gif

Best I can do for you Dunham. I made a "Blunier Ramming Speed" rod, but as you have found out, it needs to be bent. I used a curved plow lift bracket (like the QLs use), and I should have put the bend more towards the front, this scrapes on the Frankenstein bolt, but not he panels.

your_image.gif

Latest posts

Back