• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 17, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hydroharry

displayname
Harry Bursell
Kirk - that's a nice chain set up and they sure look like they fit good.
Happy Blading out there.
fence.gif
biggrin.gif

The sub-frame latch must have opened enough to allow the sub-frame to be out of alignment just enough to allow the deck to sporadically fall off. I ran it today and had no trouble at all.

Thanks for the comments guys.
Those turf tires looked awful puny before getting the weights and chains.

Charlie, Thanks, we all need a reminder of what is happening and need to refocus!
Most of us are "got" by what is happening and don't think fast enough to respond.

Does anyone here know where to get a replacement socket for a grote taillight?

What a long, draggy, overcast, rainy at 45* and dropping to 20* before morning day. With time on my hands I went into the Archives and stole a picture:

318242.jpg

This is Terry Busch's one armed machine. He also has a bucket for it, as can be seen in his profile. A reminder of what these little tractors can handle.
happy.gif

Since it's dead around here, and it's my Friday this week.....

318259.jpg

318260.jpg

318261.jpg

How about an Ice Cream Box cab on a 706 WITH a 234 mounted picker........how would you like to assemble that thing, let alone get in it (climb in back window????)

318263.jpg

Charlie,

What's status of the Steering column "Seal/Seal Retainer" assembly IH# 394936-R91? I see on your website that Cub Cadet lists it as NLA.
angry.gif
. I also see you are temporarily out of stock. I checked several other online sources with the same result.

One would think this is a fairly common use item with sufficient quantities ordered each year to keep it as an active part number. I always replace it when I do a steering box rebuild, but of course I haven't down one for several years until now.

Are you working to procure them directly from ROSS, the Steering box manufacturer or their supplier who made the seal retainer assemblies? Any hope of getting new ones in the future? Thanks for letting us know the status.

Ron, I usually make my own seals from thin foam packing materials that come in shipments or thin foam sill sealer. Works good.
The retainers are usually good and I reuse them w/no issues.

Ron S.
IF they could be bought, I would have them.
Ross will not sell to anyone that is not a manufacture, and they have to special order what ever they want at the time.
Mother Deere even quit stocking them, sigh!

Back