• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 17, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little bit of late evening parking lot repair.

264847.jpg

Doug A - yup, I should'a mentioned all the suffix "A" throwers got the little wing nut to stand up the thrower making it easier to mount.

Dennis - understand the theory of loose chains but never liked them slipping off center on my 10.5 wide tires - they'd just get all twisted around.

Corey S - looks like you picked up a nice little 128 for the right price.

Terry D - that should work pretty well to keep the cheeks from getting tom much chill this winter.

Bill "Quick Question" Jamison - suggest you remove both rear wheels and work that rod back and forth several times. I don't know why but they get stuck inside the cast lever piece, and you certainly don't want to break the cast lever. Just work it back and forth (towards one side then back towards the other) and keep using the PB Blaster or similar, and you'll eventually get it. Make sure you gon't put any burrs on the ends as you tap on them. I liked using a long punch myself. Good luck with it.

Very nice Brian, looks good, sweet blade! I'd like to have one of them rear blades someday, handy to have and to add to the attachment collection too.

LOTS of different ways to put on chains, that's for sure. End result is chains that DO NOT flop around and bounch off the fenders, that just sucks to see that!

No bites on my articulating tractor quest for info I see, hmmmmmm... Kinda got a thing for this idea, hope to make it work some day. After all, who doesn't like a customized Cub now and again to sit amongst the stock ones?

drool.gif

Mike P.
There's no bites because the main forum board isn't the place to discuss it and everyone is being nice and not doing so to keep me happy.
biggrin.gif

Dennis - Gotta agree with ya (!) never took much time to put the chains on and never put them on tighter than the over center clamps would make them. The loose ends get tied down with a chicken band. I guess because the 129 has never had to work much on pavement, it has been pretty kind to chains - I'm still on the original set that came with the 129 when I got it from the original owner, and he got when it was purchased new in '73.... For the last couple of years, I haven't even removed them.

As far as QA meaning "quick attach" - I tried to remember that about a month ago, while laying on the floor trying to get the forked ends of the snow blade frame in the proper place while getting the Frankenstein bolts into the QA mount.... I ended up asking the neighbor who had stopped by in the midst of my trials to help. He (a D**re owner) enjoyed this immensely, although I did point out that while I was still on the same tractor I'd had for 28 years, he was on at least his fourth greenie ..

This snow season will be a lot more enjoyable for me! Upgrades to the 3x4/5 series garden tractor are bran new 2 link tire chains made in U.S.A, a first time ever Brinly spring assist is installed, and new to me IH wheel weights installed on the inside. I already have nice heavy 50 pounders on the outsides. The tractor runs a IH 42" push blade. Oh, I almost forgot another upgrade, I got 1/4" wheel spacers made in U.S.A from Cub Cadet Specialties, and those make a difference of keeping the chain away from my inside fender wells! I was happy with those, as I had scrapes and gouges from old and worn out tire chains being too loose. The old chains were becoming very thin in between the links. That's where they wear the most. Had to replace a few bolts with IH hardware bolts only. I figure my 23x8.50 turf tires weigh about 100 pounds each. I had never had a problem with traction, or on ice with this operation! So for me, this was a good and fair amount of a upgrade. Bring on the big snow, the IH Cub Cadet is ready, and I need some operating time!

Thanks for all of the concern from everyone.

Tornado went through about 3 miles west of Plow Day Field, leaving all of the Blunier properties unscathed.

Unfortunately, our close friends lived right in the middle of the path in Washington and lost everything. I spent the last 2 days at work dealing with utility issues in Washington, but now that the streets are "plowed" we are heading in tomorrow with the trailer to salvage whatever else we can from the friends house (basement furniture, etc.).

It's a big mess, and all appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

It was amazing, our office admin noticed a little piece of paper near the front door of our Warrenville office yesterday. Turned out to be a slightly crumpled, muddy, blank check from Washington, IL...

Thought about you and your dad, et al, SB. 780AM mentioned Metamora but nothing else about it...

Frank.....

Yep, not surprised. The power a tornado has is amazing. The metal pole barn that was destroyed across the street from Mom and Dads house left a path of debris 4 or 5 miles long. Some of the things you hear tornados can do is real. Midwest and Great Lakes are storms are something else. We had family in from North Carolina and a "normal" storm blew in (rain, wind and got really dark). They were freaking out, since our normal storms here, would send them into hiding. We have all kinds things to use the Cubs to clean up after..... wither it is cleaning up after a summer storm with all the tree and structural damage, to clearing the snow so we can get in and out.... we have weather like no where else.....

Back