• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 15, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daniel,

Yes, you can use a PTO with a 3pt.....my 100 has one on it, but you may loose a very small amount of travel in the down direction (not enough to worry about)

Gene,

Weights, yes, same-same.

Fan, I wouldn't worry about 1 blade.

Walked about 4 miles thru heavy twisted grass this AM phesant hunting......I'm dead on my feet, but managed to shoot the only bird I flushed AND remove a deck, install a snowthrower, install a blade, and clean up the moldboard plow this afternoon......now I'm toast (fat and out of shape is more like it!!!!)

782 starter is fixed and the oil filter has been changed to the remote style. It's not simple, but you can pull a KT/Mag starter without completely pulling the engine on an 82 series, you just have to rock the engine side-to-side a little bit and own a 7/16" Gear Wrench.

Soft cab on the 149 and chains and weights on both the 149 and 782 are tomorrow afternoon's projects....I'm not going to get caught with my pants down and get snowed under on Thanksgiving without the fleet waiting in the wings (unlike last year).....that should buy us another few weeks of fall like weather!!!!

Steve,
Thanks for your reply. My 100 is a lot like yours if I remember right, only don't look as good as yours. Looks like it will get the pto put in sometime this winter.

Steve,
I put the chains on the 147 yesterday, so it's ready to go with the blade and fluid filled turfs. I'll probably need to do some fine-tuning on the assist spring when the blade sees some actual snow, but other than that it's ready. Insulated Carrharts, hooded sweatshirt, and gloves are hanging in their rightful places in the garage, too. As soon as I dump a little MMO in a 5-gallon gas can and fill it with fresh gas, I'm good to go.

Steve "B",
You have no idea of what "fat and out of s-h-a-p-e" is. I think I'm getting it down to a science!

After freezing to death at an auction for 4 hours, I finally got this thing home. (Cheap, too!)
32387.jpg

32388.jpg

Just for fun, which one of these should I keep, this or the 125?
lol.gif

I saw some posts of widening a NF Snow Thrower...I have one I purchased in Northern Indiana several years back that was widened. It was a very professional job.

I would send pic's if anyone wanted to see. I will have to dig it out...It is stored as a spare...
I actually bought two at the same time and the other was a real W/F Model.

Steve...Alot of us are in the same boat...But I'd rather think of it as being "fluffy"...not Fat...
I'm just the right weight...For an aircraft carrier....
taunt.gif

Matt G. Nice find. If you don't want the 125 then bring it to Travis' place next spring and I'll glady take it off your hands.
biggrin.gif
(If it's free, that is.)

Kraig
I did get my blower mounted and I have attached some pictures of the chute extension that I put on my QA 42. I just added 12 inches between the first section and the adjustable tip. Last year every time I lifted the blower, the tip would hit the tractor and moved it down then I would have to stop and readjust it. Now the only time it hits the tractor is when it is all the way to the side and it does not hit the adjustable tip.
I would like to put on a cable adjustment for the tip, but that is another job.
The next test is the snow. I have three more pictures coming in a seperate post.
The first two pictures on this post are with the blower down the rest is with the blower lifted up.
Earl L

32409.jpg
32410.jpg
32411.jpg

Got done with "FALL FIELD WORK" (areating the lawn) Saturday night about 8 PM. The lights had been flickering on the 72 and I knew the old switch was getting tempermental about making contact. Tractor died as I pulled it into the shop to clean it up and wouldn't restart. Solenoid wouldn't even click. I just thought the S/G couldn't keep up with all the lights & the AM/FM stereo blaring for the last 2-3 hours. I pulled the ground wire & positive wire off the battery to clean everything up in the morning and let it sit for the night. Sunday I pulled the battery and all that was left of the old light switch was charred remains! So I spent yesterday doing some rewiring on the old girl. The harness is actually in good shape for a 37 yr old original harness. I just have a few additions and modifications like the hour meter, amp gauge, lights galore, and of course the radio for those LONG hours in the back yard. Remember to put fuses in EVERY circuit close to the source of power, use heavy gauge wire, Convoluted conduit when necessary, and heavy-duty switches. The Cub Cadet You save Could be Your OWN!

I just had to share this,

These high performance lawn mower hub caps will make your mower cut the yard faster and with a smoother cut than ever before! (OK, so we exaggerate a little.)

These will make your Cub Cadet lawn mower the envy of your neighbors. The Cub Cadet is a great looking mower.
32420.jpg

Earl, thanks for the photos. Looks like you have it coated with graphite paint, that will sure help. I would think you might also get a little better throwing distance with that setup too.

Matt, bring the 125 to Travis' next spring and I'll up Marlin's offer by a buck or 2. :eek:)

Charlie - Cassette..... but I don't use it.... it tends to EAT My tapes. I'd like to upgrade to CD but I don't think they'd like the dusty conditions very well.
happy.gif

My hydro lift mechanism on my 1450 is reversed!

I finally was able to get some quality time on my newly-aquired 1450 this weekend, and I found out that when I PUSH on the lift lever, the deck moves UP, and vice-versa. This is in contrast with my intuition, and what the decal on the tunnel cover says.

Is this a simple case of the PO dis-connecting the hyd lines, and re-attaching them in reverse?

Is it an easy task to correct?

With the exeption of the imfamous rear creep and "hydro speed creep", all else seems to be working as it should. I DID change the fluid and filter.

Frank:

Can you post the pics of your NF snowblower mod for the WF, or send them to me via e-mail?

Thanks,

Tbordeleau

Ted B:

Reverse your hoses. Probably at the Spool Valve would be the easiest. BTDT on mine also.

thumbsup.gif

Back