• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 13, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tristan S.
Go down to your local hardware store and get a couple Indak keys.
A key is a key is a key.
248914.jpg

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Go down to your local hardware store and get a couple Indak keys.
A key is a key is a key.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
<font size="-1">Except when the little teeth thing on them are different!

I'll try them though, didnt realize they would have garden tractor keys at a hardware store.</font>}

Norm- I have a set of Deestone 12 inch ag tires on the rear of my 123 right now and I love them. I like the look of the 45 degree tread, and when I used to plow with it they always would get a good bite.

However, now that I have bought a set of used Firestone 23 degree 12 inch tires, I have fallen in love with those also. My set I have are well used. I threw them on the 126 this fall in a hurry so I could get some plowing done, and they are just as good/better than the Deestones are. I really like both brands. I'm saving funds to buy another set of Deestones soon.

Ryan,

Good to hear! I'm thinking about getting an ag set, but, like you, waiting on the funds. Thanks for the info.

Hey guys,
I'm going to replace my hydro filter on the 1250 and 1650. Does the filter sit below the oil level in the rearend? If i remove the filter will oil spill out or do i need to remove some oil first?

Charlie, nice job on the loader! is it a home-built or Johnson or...

Thanks

K-301 Headbolts I need two sets, (New) I chaeck the sponsors but one one seem to carry them. where can I find these

Speaking of tires , I've been lookin for another set. Its crazy how much tires cost, I've also been lookin at them deestones, More then likely I'm gonna have to keep looking till next year though,its that time a year when work starts to slow down.

CHARLIE...Thats a real sharp lookin fel you got,

You guys have some of the nicest cubs I've seen,,Steves 982 looks good too!

Does anyone know if there is a major difference in size between a IH windbreaker for a narrow frame to a wide Frame. I am wondering if i can put a narrow fram windbreaker in my 782 or 982.

I would say your local hardware store would have headbolts. They are just a regular grade 8 3/8" bolt. Couldn't tell you the length off the top of my head.

Jeff B. Try seeing if they'll let you buy it for say double of scrap price after it is weighed.

It's a great day when, in the middle of November in Minnesota, one can take out a Cub Cadet and make a two mile hike with it; not having to wear coveralls, hoods or ski masks. I think I need to buy another gallon of gasoline.

Ronald B,

Any local lawn mower shop that sells/services Kohler engines can get you those head bolts. I'm sure some of the sponsors could order them for you to if you call them.

Ok I know this is off subject,but I need a lil info. I need to get a tap & die set asap. As much as I would like to have a snap on or greenfield set ,thats outta my price range. What do you guys reccomend? I dont wanna end up buying somthing thats gonna break the first time I use it. What should I look for as far as what there made from? I did see a set online that jeggs sell,Didnt know if anyone has ever used them or know if there worth pickin up. I'm planning on using them more for just cleaning up and chasing the threads on a few things. Its somthing I wont be using on a daily basis so thats somthing I need to consider also,but at the same time I try to buy decent tools.Any info would be greatly apreceiated. thanks

Jonathan S.
One word!
Craftsman
I've had my set for 30+ years and only broke one tap. And that was because I wasn't paying attention, LOL

They are fairly cheap too.

Jeff, Don't count on getting that 124. Once it goes across the scale it CAN NOT be resold. Insurance/lawers = B.S..

The 124 mentioned at the yard will have a terrible fate, as many have said once in never out..

We even had a few people call and make more than reasonble offers and where told NO.

I was never really interested as I am a WF Hydro guy (someday more of you will see the light)
err.gif

I was just hoping someone else might have luck getting it

I was at the scrap yard one and a guy pulled in with a 72 W/FENDERS on it. before it came off the trailer I asked the guy if he would sell it to me. Paid 50 bucks for it. Then he tells me that he has another one he's going to bring in, I tell him I'll go another 50 on that one too. Come to be that it was a 125 WITH A ROTOTILLER on the back. I was
clappy.gif

Back