• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 13, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
Question before I order a part for Charlie.I would like to replace a few of my fuel bowls with a fuel shut off valve from a 149. Is the threaded section that screws into the tank the same size. will the 149 valve fit where the fuel bowl threads in??? I want to replace some fuel bowls with these 149 shut off valves so I can run filters . I find I get to much dirt in my carbs using fuel bowls. need to get some parts ordered so I can finish a few projects I started and have sent Aaron a note also. Thanks Don T

The other day I mentioned a 124 I saw at the scrap yard, well its still there..
Along with some other REAL junk

248888.jpg

248889.jpg

Charlie "Digger" Proctor

How much do those weights add to your loader? WOW I missed all the flags I guess I was just seeing yellow and white lol.

Steve (Mr Plow)

That is A fine looking tractor !

drool.gif

jeff l baker

I would have to bug the guy about scraping that tractor. I will be refurbing a Cub that is much worse shape than what I can see in your post ( what a SIN ).
bash.gif

That looks like it needs to be rescued.

Don T,

The threads are the same on the gas tanks. Do you have a napa store up in the N.S.area.They are like one $7.00 a pop at my local one.

Jeff- Is there any way you could rescue that 124? I know I've had a hard time with my local scrapyard trying to save what I thought was good and they thought was bad. That is nicer than the 124 I have for sale paint wise at least.

We put out 107 flags on the front fence and main building.
One for every man lost in my platoon over 4 years humping around the jungle.
248899.jpg

Charlie: I've not been in the military, but 107 sounds like a fairly high casualty rate! According to Wikipedia, a platoon only has eight (8) men in it; if this is true, your entire platoon was replaced almost fourteen (14) times in four (4) years, or almost once a quarter. Put another way, you were losing a man almost every other week, or one (1) per pay period. Wow!

A Squad has 8 men, a platoon has 4 squads and company has 4 platoons, if my memory serve me correctly. Possibly he meant to say company.

Dave S

US Army Engineers '63-'66

Jeremiah C.
What David said, and I'll add.
There's no set number. It depends on what type of platoon and the mission involved.
I have seen 48 men on occasion and I have also seen 18 a lot.
To bad we didn't have a big a$$ed flail mower on a Cub in those days!
biggrin.gif

David S.
I meant platoon.

Back to our regularly scheduled programing.
thumbsup.gif

I`am happy guy today because I will spend the day in my shop working on my tractors. The 129 loader hyd pump will get pulled to take to the guys who will install and fit my new pulley.

248905.jpg

I do like my new seat and have a better fenders to paint and install.

248906.jpg

Charlie - when you know what the flags represent there, it takes one's breath away - just thinking about the loss.... that's a very special picture. ....

248909.jpg

Don - if the pump was designed for use with a pulley (not direct drive), it should have adequate bearings to take the side load (BTDT...)
whistling.gif

Gerry Ide

Well the pump did cost me some coin because it was designed to run a pulley and belt . But I should be checking the belt load on the shaft and well that got forgot till you posted that comment.I want this to be the last pulley fail, so I`am taking it all apart to see if this pulley that Denny says will fit it does lol. I need the loader to move the 123 in so I can get started on that. all ways a rush and a list to do .

Charlie I salute you and your comrads, My son made a big step this week and signed papers to enlist in the Marines.

Now a little on topic, I wish I had the funds to go to Behr recycling in freeport, Il (hint hint)to rescue the 124 but funds are way to low, so someone else will have to.

jeff l baker

I think Charlie should buy that Cub and auction it off for a great story.Contestants do have to give some $$ but it will be the story that gets the prize. what pr in the state that wins .(Charlie)

On a grimier note the load carried when you get home must be terrible if you can for man. One can understand why guys like Charlie get quick when we stray.

Pump Is off and the key way is not damaged
1a_scratchhead.gif

248912.jpg

And thanks to those USA made tools , I got it done.

Howdy all! Haven't been on here in a while. Got a question...

Lost my key somewhere in the yard while mowing weeks ago and havent found it since. Been using a screwdriver to get her started but its a pain. I'd really like to just get a replacement key if I can, funds are tight atm. Is there a way I can tell if my 1000 has the original key? After looking at both of my 129s though it looks like neither of their keys look anything like cub keys (and neither work in my 1000 btw). But, the look of the key on Charlies site does look familiar... is there any way to tell? Does the ignition switch have a code on it or anything identifying I can tell that its the original?

Back