• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 06, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cellis

displayname
Craig Ellis
By the way, does anyone know anything about "trailer plows?. Here is one in my area - thought I'd ask if anyone recognized this thing. It makes me wonder if it could be adapted to pull behind my Cub somehow - like using little bitty wheels or maybe it could adjust. Anyway, have a look if you can at http://detroit.craigslist.org/for/229867031.htm

Is it difficult to load your own tires?

I've seen an adaptor at the local farm supply but never seen it done. I bought tubes for the new tires and had planned on using rv antifreeze or washer solvent (either should be ok with tubes, right?)
dunno.gif
. Any advice on the process would be great.

Thanks for all your help.
beerchug.gif

Well, that link doesn't appear to work so I'm going to try putting a photo in.
43930.jpg

Brian B.
Search the archives for tire bong or just bong.
I think most just break the bead, tilt the tire and pour.
biggrin.gif

Eric, one other thing that could cause your clearance issue with your QA42A driveshaft, the ISO mounts in your 1650 might be shot causing the engine to set lower in the chassis then normal this would, in turn, cause the gear box on the QA42A to set lower when the belt is tightened.

Brian B.

Build a Tire bong, they work great.

Kriag, do you have those pictures handy???? (I can't get to them from where I'm at)

THis last weekend I decided to re-set the timing and carb...again...just to make sure they are right. In my studies to figure out how it all worked, I thought I read that the point gap sets the timing - that is, you set the gap close to .020 then use the timing light and adjust the gap. I think the gap on mine wound up around .018 or so to get the little white marks between the pin. Is my understanding correct?

Also, I bought a coil from a guy online. My manual says it should read between 9500 ohms and 11,500 on the secondary. I just saw a diagram drawn by Roland that showed the lower limit at 7000 or so. This is important to me because the one I bought was below 9500 and I made the seller credit me (he's a cub regular on ebay). I don't want to cheat the guy but my manual says 9500+. Was I wrong to ask for my money back???

Steve, as requested.

Here's what Wyatt wrote about his original version:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Everyone-
Nevermind the question this morning. I came up with my own deal to put a gallon of fluid in a tire in about 10 seconds.

I'm calling it "The Tire Bong". In college we made contraptions to comsume mass quantities of beverages in a quick amount of time. I've got less than $20 into this and it works slick. I've got an arm's length of 3" PVC pipe, a cleanout end and a terminal end, two schrader valves (one with the core removed) and a piece of 0.25" ID clear tube. My "arm's length" piece was just a hair short for using a full gallon.

I knew there had to be a better way, and this works great, plus I can carry it with me and fill my tractor's tires at any gas station. A little while ago I filled The Tire Bong full and it went in the tire all in about 10 seconds.

the red stuff around the cleanout is grease so it doesn't leak air so bad and so it doesn't stick so bad<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

43934.jpg

43935.jpg

Steve, I believe this is your text:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Commander Compton's Tire Bong has reproduced.......and the second one is even bigger than the first!!!!!

I built a 3 gallon version of the Compton Tire Bong this evening and then promptly filled some 10.50 tires.....6 gallons each / 2 "bong loads".

I used 4" PVC just over 4' long to get the 3 gallon capacity. I also added a bleed valve at the top so I could "burp" the tire every gallon or so without taking out the plug or bleeding through a Schrader valve.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

43936.jpg

43937.jpg

Craig E:

The HV Coil diagram I previously posted, was for a K Series single cylinder coil.

The Service Manual states, for the KT-17:
43940.jpg

Thus, you are correct.

Thanks, Roland. I've learned to trust the info on this list - like your diagrams - more than my shop manual. I appreciate the help.

Kraig McC,

Does your 'tire bong' work when filling TUBED tires as well?

RW
beerchug.gif

Ryan, That is not MY design, I have never even used one of them, it's just that I, being the "Keeper of the Photos" here, reposted the photos and description from my archives. I would however assume that it does work with tubed tires.

KRAIG & RYAN - I helped Wyatt fill a couple other sets of tires with His BONG.... Yes, it works fine on tube-type tires. We made a case of washer fluid disappear in a BIG hurry.

Craig:
That plow will take at least a 20 PTO HP Tractor weighing around 3000 to pull. Probably at least 14" molboard

Do not know of a manufactured pull behind plow for something as small as a cub. There was one at Plow Day...home made. Nice unit.

Frank: Thanks for the input. It didn't occur to me how much power it would take. No surprise there since I know absolutely nothing about plows. The guy wants $80 for it. I'm planning on buying a full-size tractor in the not-too-distant. Is this thing worth $80 or are they just a curiosity?

Bong!!! Duh, why the heck didn't I think of that! I searched loading, tires, fluid but bong..... Aarrgggg
bash.gif
. I had a vague idea of what to look for but I was unable to come up with the right term for the search. I've got some spare pvc and my tires should show up tonight should be a good night.
clappy.gif

I am rebuilding my 79 1250 (K301). I went to put the camshaft into the block and after inserting the rod noticed that the cam would not turn on the rod. I took out the rod and the cam shaft and determined that the cam was not easily turning on the shaft. I checked the shaft with a straight edge thinking I had somehow bent it, but it checked as straight. When I went to insert the cam back into the block using only my hands, the end of the camshaft broke off. Now what do I do? Do I need another camshaft and rod? And where besides ebay could I get these?

Boy, how lucky that it broke before you got it back in and had the motor all buttoned up. To every dark cloud there's a silver lining.

Back