• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 05, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
a---allalone.gif

Marty, I don't know what to say. If I did know, I wonder if this would be the place to say it.
1a_scratchhead.gif

I don’t know what’s going on with the world these days,it almost seems like this stuff is happening more and more or it’s just reported more,not even save at church anymore..sad,sad

Ethan, I think we know (somebody took God out of the conversation). I think Marty opened the wrong door. Maybe THE GARAGE would be a better place for this discussion?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Yep, sad day for Southerland Springs,Texas and America in general.
sad.gif

Spent the weekend trying to get ready for winter. I got the mower deck off of my #2 125 and the QA42 and Windbreaker cab mounted. When I removed the cab back in April the plastic windshield cracked in several places.
bash.gif
Getting old and brittle I guess. I'll have to drive it into the garage and heat the garage up and see if I can patch it with some Gorilla clear repair tape. I've used similar repair tape on snowmobile windshields with great results. Also plan to change the oil in the K301 this evening then I'll be ready for snow at home. I still have to get my mom's off topic JD X585 changed over to winter duty, that will be tomorrow evenings project.

318062.jpg

Kraig-ah red green would be proud of you...I’ve used the clear to fix the seat on my 125 the vinyl cracked in the cold last winter,so much for my original seat

Who has "owned" (sorry Kraig,my game-my rules) their cub the longest?
127 built June 1970-47 years old
Bought Sept 1981-36 years ago
popcorn.gif

Frank-thanks for talking to me.sorry about being so long winded
happy.gif

Jim, I've owned my #1 125 since 1992. But my parents bought it new in 1969 and I've been driving it since about 1970.

Welcome back, Jim! Dial-up still exists!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Jim, Dad traded a '63 Original for the 1965 #70 sitting out in my shop spring of '65. Mowing was one of my jobs even after I started working off the farm in the 1970's. The K161 in the 70 was rebuilt by a small engine shop once, then Dad and I rebuilt it once, I could change head gaskets in it in about an hour with hand tools, but we had nothing flat to resurface the head. The 70 mowed two farm yards every week from '65 thru '72 which included about a half mile of roadbank. In about 1973 Dad replaced the K161 with a K181. And I put at least half the hours on it. Kinda lost track of the engines in it but I know the 181 was rebuilt at least once. It's still the tightest most leak free tractor I own. including the 982 that's 15 years newer. It wore out the 38 inch casr iron end deck that came with it. Dad found a slightly newer 38 inch stamped end deck from the model 72/73 era. It's still mowing. I did rebuilt the K241 out of my #72 for it so maybe I should refer to it as a #100. It will soon be 53 years that I've been running that tractor. Only tractor I've got a longer history with is the '51 Farmall M it shares the shed with. I started running it about 1959/'60.

My #1 782, since April 1981 when it arrived at our dealership from the Louisville Works, (36 yrs, 7 mos and Cubbing-on)

Kraig,I knew about your family owned 125,that's why I said "owned".

Dennis,Thought I might flush you out with your 70 but not that quick!! Need more of your L O N G post on here.

Ron,I'm getting picky now,did YOU own the dealership in 81? I'm actually at 36yrs,1month,??days

Frank,Hope I didn't just miss an important call.

Jim C.,

It was our family owned dealership in operation from 1915 to 1980. We were in the process of closing down in 81 following the death of my grandfather in Oct 1980 as the contract with IH was in his name.

Early in the process, I encouraged Dad to check with our zone manager about ordering a 782 w/44" mower deck to keep and mow with. We had sold out all the QL models we had before his death. The 82 Series had just been introduced in late 79 but we hadn't ordered any of those models to give us time to sell out the remaining QL's in inventory. Since we were under an temporary contract extension to give us time to inventory our parts, we were still able to place the order. The timing was fortunate as shortly afterwards, we received the memo that IH was selling the CC line to MTD but we still got one of the last 2000 Louisville built CC's.

My F-I-L brought the 73 home in the summer of 1970, He passed in 88 and the cub came to the wife and I.

is it ok to sand blast a rusty engine block and head before overhaul work?

Rob,
No!! You'll never get all the sand out. No glass beads either- Soda blast is ok, try wire brushing followed by a bath in molasses solution. Reverse electrolysis might work too on a block, but can cause hydrogen embrittlement in the metal, not sure if it matters on a block tho...

Does anyone know what size belt PTO belt I need to drive a mower deck on a CUB 104?

Back