• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 05, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob,Scott’s right never sand involving an engine a wire brush and some patience will fix you up

they are still out there
happy.gif

318078.jpg

318079.jpg

the O is missing the tank mounts (hopefully they are the location the tractors came from) the lights work on both tractors, both run, the 73 has a 12 year old battery in it that started it up

Rob-

I once used electrolysis to clean a K241 block. It worked fine. Two things will reverse hydrogen embrittlement- heat and time. Running the engine should eventually counteract that.

Sandblasting aluminum, regardless of whether or not it is an engine part, is a no-no.

Frank - glad you heard me yelling all the way from out here. How's that 216 working???

Matt - what's the issue with sand blasting aluminum??? I've never done it that I recall but I know guys that have sand blasted Kohler heads.

Harry-

It creates a rough surface bunch of little stress risers that can cause the part to crack. Aluminum is a lot more sensitive to this than iron or steel. Not to mention this removes a lot more of the surface than it would on a harder material. If you want to clean aluminum this way, use glass beads, walnut shells, etc.

Yeah, people do it, and most get away with it. But that doesn't make it a good idea. Ignorance is bliss...

I'm thinking this snow blade that was on the 100 I picked up at RPRU spent lots of tome stored indoors!!

It had been used though, needed a new cutting edge and is going to wind up on the 1650 this season along w/weighted and fluid filled turfs and chains.

318082.jpg

Latest posts

Back