• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 02, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
310649.jpg

Attachments

• 310649.jpg
    310649.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 199
  • 310649.jpg
    310649.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 160
I can't believe it!! Woohoo
icon_jam.gif
bannana_guitar.gif

Attachments

• bannana_guitar.gif
    bannana_guitar.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 146
  • icon_jam.gif
    icon_jam.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 154
  • icon_jam.gif
    icon_jam.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 148
  • bannana_guitar.gif
    bannana_guitar.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 143
Wow, I'm back following at least a decade absence. Much has occurred during that time. Lost my Pop, my partner in Cubs. Presently going through our collection to determine what remains and what goes. Lots to do. Good to be back. I look forward to reading and catching up!

Andrew,
Welcome back!
Sorry for your loss of your Pop.
angel.gif

Attachments

• angel.gif
    angel.gif
    222 bytes · Views: 165
  • angel.gif
    angel.gif
    222 bytes · Views: 159
Andrew
WELCOME.gif
Back! My condolences on the loss of your Pop.

Attachments

• WELCOME.gif
    WELCOME.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 155
  • WELCOME.gif
    WELCOME.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 150
Austin
The pastel color parts are for an Original built from 1960 to 1963, it is my understanding they would predate the JD patio models, but then about all I know about JD's is they are green and yellow (and I heard thats so they can hide in tall grass).
biggrin.gif

I was told that the room the picture was taken in, was a conference or briefing room in the engineering area of the Louisville IH plant, and the parts are probably part of a design proposal display or presentation for "the powers that be" at the time. That facility no longer exist.

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 152
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 154
Austin/ Paul,
I was just playing around with Paintshop and come up with this. I know some of you puter geeks can come up with something better. LOL
err.gif

310654.jpg

Attachments

• 310654.jpg
    310654.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 168
  • err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 153
  • 310654.jpg
    310654.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 160
  • err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 153
"Maybe" a lil less sickly,,,,
lol.gif

IDK, the lime sherbet looks kinda CooL,
thumbsup.gif

310658.jpg

310659.jpg

Attachments

• 310659.jpg
    310659.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 158
  • 310658.jpg
    310658.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 179
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 142
  • lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 146
  • 310658.jpg
    310658.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 154
  • 310659.jpg
    310659.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 144
  • lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 156
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 149
Hydro Fluid
I have looked in FAQ and the manual but I cannot find what the suggested time to change the hydro fluid. I had to remove the hydraulic tube because it was leaking, so the fluid is out. I have about 100 hours on fluid and filter.
Any comments greatly appreciated.
Earl L

Austin
Tim Delooza built 410, he would have to give the background on it and what it is based on, but to the best of my memory, it was built to represent a red and white version of a Cub Cadet. In a meeting on October 1960 some of the 10 prototype tractors of both yellow and white and red and white were viewed by the tractor product committee and divisional product committee members to determine what the color of the Cub Cadet would be. Tim built 410 to represent the red and white version for this meeting. When s/n 409 was restored it was discovered the steering column had been painted red at some time or other and may have been in a red tractor for this meeting.

Earl,

If the HyTran is out already, replace it with fresh. The operators manual does have recommendations for changing the Hydro filter after the first 50 hrs and every 100 hrs after that. It doesn't mention changing HyTran Oil periodically that I could find.

If your Cubby is stored in an unheated garage/building and you wash it from time to time I would recommend replacing it every 5-6 years. HyTran suspends any moisture from condensation or from washing as water can get into the tranny via the porous breather plug on the top back portion of the tranny but it can reach a saturation point. When HyTran suspends moisture it turns it into a yellow tan goo that settles on the bottom of the tranny so it good to get all the goo out when you change oil via removal of the back cover plate.

Winter is getting closer and that means dropping the mower deck and mounting the snow blower. I have a QA32 and a QA36. I was wondering if there is a difference between running them on my 123/127 or my 1250/1450. The last few years I have run them on the 1250 or the 1450 so I could use the hydraulic lift but it seems like they don't throw the snow very far. Six to eight feet at the most. My question is. Is there a difference between the two eras of tractors such as rpm or size of the PTO pulley that would make one tractor better than the others to mount the snow blower on?

Scott you could always change out to the speed up pulley, but make sure the thrower is in good shape and everything is tight first

I just want to make a shout out to Charlie for getting me a no longer available gear for my snow blower. I have a qa42a and the rear sprocket was worn completely. I just received the package and I cant wait to get home and make this blower work after sitting in my yard for 10 years. If anybody needs any cub parts I strongly recommend cc specialties. great pricing, fast shipping. their link is abouve in the vendors section!

Scott,

Research tips and tricks for snow throwers on here. There is no appreciable difference between your 2 rides, just how the thrower is set up and used.

You must have 3600 RPM and you absolutely must run the thrower completely full to get good distance...this is the biggest key....fast and full.....if the engine isn;t pulled way down into the governor, load it some more!

Clean chute, slip plate, etc. are all good ideas too......

It also makes a HUGE difference if your thrower is a 2 or 4 paddle.
1st pic, 149.
2nd pic 1450.
310666.jpg

310667.jpg

Attachments

• 310666.jpg
    310666.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 185
  • 310667.jpg
    310667.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 153
  • 310666.jpg
    310666.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 139
  • 310667.jpg
    310667.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 137
Good point....a 4 paddle wound tight gets it done!

Back