• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 01, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfrade

displayname
Mike Frade
As Shultzie said.. That is a sickening picture and I can only imagine how you and the wife are feeling.

As I said before, although unlikely, if there is ANYTHING that the members might be able to assist with,, you need only ask!

Charlie,
I'm sorry to see the mess that has come your way. Life can sure throw unexpected curves at us. Keep the strong attitude....it's just stuff in the end.

As far as that NOS seat pan is concerned. Put that sucker on fleabay, I'll bid. Anybody wanna try and outbid me?
wink.gif

That's simply unbelievable. I really hate it for you and the wife Charlie. It's only stuff and a few years from now it'll just be something to mention that happened. It has to be hard dealing with the aftermath. Salvage what you can and if you ever come to NC I'll give you a cub to help start over (plus another lure shadow box). Heck, with your knack at finding deals you'll be back in the game in no time.

Charlie,

I know all of us on here have been wondering how your Cubbies fared in the fire but were afraid to ask. It is apparent that the fire was very, very hot indeed. The wheel weights are the only thing I see that are salvagable. Our thoughts and prayers for God's continued grace, comfort and protection for the Mrs and you through this tragedy.

On my 123, I'm wondering if the same rod attaching my pin-on mower deck subframe to the mule drive could ALSO be used to attach a front blade to the blade subframe? Has anyone done this?

Steve S.
All the rods have different part numbers, but I'll bet there's not much difference in them all.
I'd say try it and see, then everyone will know for sure.
thumbsup.gif

Charlie, A CCO seat without a big crack in it! Damn right I would like to have it. I just don;t think Rick would let me any where near it!

Charlie, I do hope you had replacement++ cost insurance on everything. You will not know what you have lost for 10 years.

Charlie--Your loader pic was a shock to say the least...all I can say is hang in there and take things a day at a time. I'm so hoping your insurance people rise to the occasion and you'll be back in business when things get sorted out. Whatever happens we'll be pulling for ya! Got the 123 ready for winter today...decided to mount the snowthrower instead of the front blade.

Ole Bill "Quick Question" J - on that most powerful ever built (QL era) 1650 - just FYI, sometimes they don't start even with a little gas in the bottom of the tank. If your fuel line has the traditional slightly upward bend before turning down toward the carb, then the tank has to have enough gas for gravity to work and push it into the carb. Just so you know.

Nic and Dennis - If I only had one CC left (which I do) it would be a Hydro (and it is). If I had 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or more (and I used to) they'd ALL be Hydros. Ther're just so much easier to operate and more dependable. In fact, at one time I restored a 126, sold it and the guy called me back to ask if I had another. He got off and left the brake off, and it rolled over a cliff. I happen to think a Hydro may not have done that. The creeping is a fixable problem, but if it's correct the hydro can keep the tractor from rolling away, like that 126 gear drive. Yes, IH did produce really good gear drive tractors, but the HYDROS were better. Rolling away stuff isn't the real issue - it's just much easier to control a hydro, infinitely variable speed with "one hand" control.

Jerry B - just where you been hidden?

Harry B - you are correct-o, there was about a inch of gas in the tank. I figured this is really empty in a CC as the same thing happened this past summer with my gas thrifty 109.

I've got another color tractor with a similar gas tank arrangement, but with a Kohler Command and a fuel pump. The pump went bad and I tried to run it without the pump, and while the engine would start and run, it had no power. Put a new fuel pump on the tractor and ran like a champ.

The 109 is a nice tractor, plenty of power for a 44 inch deck. Not to crazy about the green stripe. Nice wide platform, easy to access everything, like the removable tunnel cover. The 126 with that ziz-zag front grill is easy on the eyes and when you are trimming, the zig (or maybe it's the zag?) makes for a nice bumper at the bottom of the grill, but i dread having to ever work on the driveshaft without a tunnel cover. The 1650 is right purty with the side covers and those blue decals against that white hood. Kind of buggs me have to take the sidcovers off to shoot a little starter fluid into the carb, when I'm really out of gas, but the platform is very comfortable, I like the right hand hydro lever and the steering is easy. Honestly, I could care less about the great gear drive vs hydro, all good, different strokes for different folks. One time I asked my Mom, who you votin' for in the next election and she told me and I asked why that guy, and she said "cause he is cute." It might come down to which is the more "cute" tractor if and when I down select to the final IHCC...
thumbsup_old.gif

Harry I am with you, see my tag line

Although I did ancounter a hydro issue when the direction/speed handle stipped out.
Drilled a set screw hole and back in buiseness

264338.jpg

264339.jpg

I understand that this is a futile discussion, but I am going to continue to disagree with Hydro.

Hydro's are NOT easier to operate and NOT more dependable. And 2 of my 3 running CC's are hydro's.

Have you ever plowed snowed snow or graded dirt with a hydro? I don't know able you, but I only have 2 hands. With one hand on the speed control and one on the lift lever. No one is left to steer. Not a problem on my 128. One arm on the lift lever, one on the wheel, and one foot to regulate start and stop. FULL control on my machine. In fact, you be dis qualified in my pulling club because your REQUIRED to keep at least one hand on the wheel at all times.

And my 128 has required near ZERO mantainence. I check the oil and fill the tank. Period. It always starts, always runs, and never creeps, cause it can't.

Can't say that about the 782 and larger cousin. The linkages require yearly "centering" the hydro levels require checking, filling, changing and filters. They leak and yes, even over heat the Hytran on a long fast cut on a 105 degree day.

I love ALL my tractors and I am very attached to them. But hydro's are NOT better. Just lazier. Ask about with a 70/100 with hydro lift, now that's the perfect machine.

And about your buyer who dropped one off a cliff. You can't fix stupid. Would he have left a manual truck in neutral, with no brake on a hill? That's his fault, not the mighty GD. And sure, a hydro wouldn't have rolled, but that's only fixing the symptoms. Not the problem.

It's a good thing IH made both, do we CAN politely disagree
happy.gif

Jeff - you know I'm with ya all the way.

Nic - there ain't never gonna be a winner in the Hydro vs. Gear Drive debate. Yes, I plowed alot of snow with my Hydro and I gotta say I loved it, but the hydraulic lift was the real key with the blade. I know you can slip the clutch on a gear drive, but you can use the brake pedal to slow the hydro speed, and I think the hydro with hydraulic lift combination is the best. So I'll just agree to disagree with ya.

Harry - I'm with you.... I guess it's just plain impossible to get any work done with a Hydro according to some ..
err.gif

I only have one Hydro in my collection.. the 169. and I hafta say that it doesn't creep at all!. Because it just sits in the corner ashamed of all the BOYS around it. LOL

Actually it's a pretty good unit. It's my only wide frame as well.....

My daughter wanted a pink and purple Cub. So I got her an Original. She drove it around, and said - Dad - can I get one with a lever instead of a pedal? Just about broke my heart. But anyways, got a 107 sitting here half tore apart so she can have her Lever!
err.gif

I dunno about anyone else, but I have no problems running a blade, steering and operating a hydro at the same time. Granted this is with a 147, with a side handle lever. The Z patterns might be another story. I love my hydro and likely will never sell it.

I know I'm the one that started this hydro/gear drive thing again and love the info. about both and since I'm new,only been using my 1650 for a year or so. I've got to get me a gear drive to see for my self. I'm kind of stuck with deciding on a yellow or red one to match my 460 farmall. I guess the later would mean a 582 but then its not really cc. I just don't know...

IH made 482, 582 Special, 582 from the very beginning of the 82 series in '81......so you can own a 582 with an IHC serial number plate.

Latest posts

Back