• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 01, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmcmeen

displayname
Bryan D. McMeen, Keeper of the Holy Hy-Tran
Terry B. -

Nicely done. Can we use that for the FAQ - perhaps an addendum on how to post a pic?

Good Morning!

I'll be in Southwest WI this weekend; Saulk City area. Any good Cub hunting grounds down there? I know there is a huge 'junk' place (Delanys) between Baraboo and Saulk. Anyone been there and found good Cub stuff?

Hi Guys,

I see so many pics with ag tires on tractors that it has me wondering, am I better off for lawn and garden work with ag tires? Does this include snow plowing? Roughly, what would I be looking at price wise for a set of rims and ag tires - front and back - for a 1650?

I can't recall now who suggested I whip out the service manual to learn how to test coils but it was good advice - not only did I test the coil (bought a bad one on ebay but the seller was gracious about it and refunded) I learned somthing I did not know - that there are TIMING MARKS on those KT17s. I whipped out the timing light and, after considerable fussing and a few frustrations, I got that thing pretty much dialed in. It is certainly way better than before. Maybe the hard starting problems will moderate now.

Does anyone know why my Kt17 shows a double white mark when using the timing light? The manual does not explain why but does tell you to "center" the double dash on the rod, etc. I done my best to do so but am still wonderin' why the double dash.

Charlie, what, couldn't you convince your spouse come out and film ya tilling?
happy.gif

Charlie...
What you need is a cardboard cutout of yourself!!
err.gif

Scott, funny!
happy.gif

Now who's going to be the first to say that a cardboard cutout of Charlie would have the same personality as Charlie? Oops I already did. Sorry Charlie, I couldn't resist a little joking with you. Please note that's with you, not at you.
happy.gif

I'm sure someone has mentioned this problem before but I was unable to find the answer to it.

I finally ordered a gas tank for my 122 and got all my fuel leaks fixed but now I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to help keep gas from coming out of the vent hole in the gas cap. My lawn is rather hilly and I've tried not filling it more than half but it still seems to seap a little. Sure don't want the thing to catch on fire
poof.gif
. I should also mention that I purchased a new gas cap for it too. Any suggestions?
bouncy.gif

Brian B,
You can switch to this style cap,
43642.jpg

Or go to the hardware store and get the style that has the raised plastic insert in it that sticks farther down in the cap.

Charlie, AH! I found it now, that tiller video clip was from Scott Magyar on "CD #2". <font size="-2">No wonder it looked familiar.....</font>

Charlie,
I'm inspired by your tiller to get mine together and running. I was just gonna plow the garden and get the tiller running next spring BUT. . .
groupwave.gif

Charlie, nice theme song. Everyone else here finally went to lunch so I decided to have a listen. I sent the audio clip to one of my coworkers as one of his friends is nicknamed @$$hole.
lol.gif

Brian B. - For the $80 Kohler charges for a new plastic gas tank You'd think they could at least include a stinking cap! I had to get one for My K-321 going into My model 72... and I know I'm going to have "CLEARANCE ISSUES" since the filler neck on the plastic tank is over an inch tall combined with that TALL OEM cap. It's like I'm REALLY going to cut a hole in the hood of a CC I've owned for 25 yrs?

Dennis,
TSC here has this style cap with the little plastic drop down do-hickie in them rather than the cardboard.
43644.jpg

Heck, the local hardware stores carry that kind, too under the Arnold/MTD brand.

Eric nie, yes, I feel that a good set of ags is much better for everything, I run my ags year round, less slip in wet grass, excellent in the field plowing, and pretty good in the winter except on pack snow/ice. When on the super slick pack snow/ice, chains are the only way to go, depending on the style of ags you go with, you can put chains on them. Here is a pic of the ags on my model 70, they are rice patty ags from the front of a Kubota 4x4 compact. I prefer a narrow tire over a wider one myself. Narrower fits in the furrow better, and digs thru the loose snow better. I run one set of IH wheel weights mounted inboard on each wheel. I pulled a 8" brinly plow at a fall plow day with no dificulty or the need for more weight. Cheers Mike

Back