• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 01, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like'um BIG & WIDE!
43650.jpg

CHARLIE, BRYAN - The new plastic tanks have a huge very coarse thread.... takes a special cap like the gas cap fuel gauge shown. I ended up with a very short cap that had another engine manufacturer based out of Milwaukee on it but I'm sure it was made by the same plastic molder in China. The cap that fits the metal tanks doesn't even come close.

Dennis,
Next time i get to TSC, I'll look again. I coulda swore they were the smaller threads. Course there's no way i could be wrong!
jawdrop.gif

In reference to Brian J. leakey gas tank, many things are being powder coated lately. It seems to be a process using static elecricity to attract the powder to the product, then I think about 300 degrees of heat to fuse it. Not sure if its gas proof thou. Charlie, you got time, get one at Sears(powder applicator) and tell us how well it works. A.

Craig E: I was the guy who suggested you check in the service manual to check your coil. A guy doesn't realize how much info is actually in the manuals, until he opens them up! They make life a lot easier when working on the tractors
thumbsup_old.gif

Eric: My AGs are not quite as big as Charlie's, but they are still kick butt tires.

23-10.5-12 4ply Carlisle Super Lugs
I run them on my 1450 all year.....
mowin'
43657.jpg

tillin'
43658.jpg

plowin'
43659.jpg

and snow throwin'
43660.jpg

Hey David K., what brand of tires are those on your tractor?
drool.gif

Are the narrow frame 3pt hitchs that hard to come by? I have been trying to find a complete one and a brinley adapter to use a plow behind my 71. Not having any luck finding one thats complete just bits and pieces.
confused.gif

all this talk about AG tires makes me wonder... where can I get some for my truck... HaHa Glen
NOTE: NOT A WANT AD Thank You

Boy I tell ya, Charlie has more pictures than all the cameras put together... I'd love to see a Peterbilt or a Mack with those tires on it, then we'll talk about plowing... Glen

David K:
thumbsup_old.gif

Michael R: NF 3 points and Brinly sleeve hitches are pretty common (you will also probably want a NF spring assist).....Have you posted an ad in the 'Wanted' section? I'm sure several of the forum members will have 3 points, sleeve hitches, and spring assists they are willing to sell.

Charlie and Steve,
I'm workin on that 149 hydro and I have another question. I have removed the triangular piece from the trunion shaft. How important is the fit of this piece to the shaft. This one is pretty sloppy. Can/should that bushing be replaced?

Picked up the new "replacement" truck today.....

43670.jpg

43671.jpg

43672.jpg

Thomas,

Not sloppy, but not super tight...there is some wiggle room here.

Where can I order one of the manuals that you refer to? I have tried the buttons at the top of the page but no luck. Thanks.

Wild Bill: Aint it the truth. I hesitate to read the rest of the manual...might find a whole lot more work to do.

Does anyone have the story on 682-782 tractors from the early MTD days - say, 1982, 1983, 1984, etc.? I ran across a pretty decent 682 that I might pick up - do these have the IH components or were they "de-contented" by MTD? Would they have the same bulletproof transaxles, front axle, steering, etc.?

Well, I just ordered a new set of tru power ags for my 122. I just can't keep air in those 40+ year old goodyears any longer. I'm runnin' stock 23x8.50s I'm hoping they will work for plown later on.
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back