• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 01, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill, when I wanted to preserve one of my 5' paint jobs, I put electrician's tape around the edge of the weights where they make contact with the rim. Can't see it but cuts down on scratches.

Travis,
I guess I forgot to mention that it had already
been bored .030" and is worn almost .010" beyond that. So unless someone makes a piston that is about .050" oversize, I'm going to have to sleeve
it or find another block.

Gadget,
I mounted the HYDRAULIC handles on the side so as not to interfere with MY handle. how's that? ;-)

Tom H.-Take Ryan's advice and wait for a Cat 0 to come along at the right price. That diesel will twist that adapter into a pretzel and you won't even notice it. I've seen a couple of those get really messed up by gassers,you can imagine what the oil burner will do. You'll be really happy with that plow,does it have power angle? If it does,you'll just be spoiling yourself more but why not,that's what the front hydraulics are for! Email me and tell me where you got it,I may know who you're talking about. Was it in the guy's basement and did he have motorcycles? And a Quietline of some kind?

Todd, I think I'd check into custom piston. It might be cheaper that sleeving your block, and it would be a better fix. I can hook you up with a place if you need one.

Ryan Mull:
I can't email out from the hotel I'm in. I was looking over ebay and noticed something you were bidding on. I'm not sure that's what you think it is. Mine has cast iron hangers for the gangs - that one has flat iron weldments. I'd check around to see that it's a 'gennie' before you go too far.
Dad

Tom H:
Get the Cat 0 - don't mess around with a pseudo sleeve hitch set up.
Keith

Any advice on removing the front axle from a 122 would be appreciated. The small pin that locks the larger pin in place doesn't look like the kind you tap out.

Thanks, Dave

I am sure this has been asked a thousand times, however I am new here.
I have a 1200, and am looking for a QA snowthrower. What is required for the wide frame vs. the narrow frame? Can it be adapted one way or the other, or do I have to find a thrower specifically designed for my wide frame?
Thanks in advance.

Dave:

The pin should be a roll pin. Take a good quality drift punch and drive it out.

May be a little hard to start but that is how the pivot pin is held in.

Anybody give me an idea on what it is costing to have a crank turned 010?

I have several that need turning and have never had one this size done. Had plenty of larger cranks done but not a 10-12 or 14 Hp.

Also, will a ported Hydro fit in a 147? Exploring avenues to fix the 147 I got a few weeks back that had the electric lift missing.

Steve B

rotflmao!!

it won't be long now before someone turns a cub and a 59M into a combine...
biggrin.gif

Dave N.: That should be a 3/16" x 1 1/4" sproil pin. Soak it with PB Blaster.
13548.jpg

Just a quick note to thank those of you here who have answered my questions and provided so much valuable information over the past three years. It was and is appreciated. Thanks.

Just installed a spring assist on my 70. Anyone have advise on spring tension? Don't know how easy the handle pull should be. Any help would be appreciated.

Daniel,
For the spring assist on my 106 with plow, I adjust the spring tension so the plow will stay in any position I have the lift arm in, that way it wont drop when Im in 3rd and send me flying over the wheel. Kenny

Frank Morski,
I had a 147 crank turned last year for $30. Also had the engined bored .020" over for $29.
Total bill for piston w/rings, rod, and gaskets was around $190. This was for NAPA parts and was done at a NAPA machine shop.

Todd M. excellent job on the hydraulics, very clean installation. Any chance you could email me high resolution versions of your photos?

Travis, lets see those torched frames photos.

Frank, here in S.E. Ct, where everything is expensive, it is 50 bucks to grind a crank. Scott Madson sells complete ground ones if yours is toast, about 1/2 the price of new. Kenny

Daniel- It depends on what you are using it for. . .I have 2 on my 71 (1 IH, 1 Brinly) and have both cranked up pretty far for using the moldboard plow. I don't want to bend my handle pulling up the plow.

You will find out where you need it depending on the implement. A snowthrower will need more than a pushblade, and a mower deck probably won't need hardly any.

Back