• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 01, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

WM DeTurck

Eric S.: For information on PD III PA April 24, 2004 click on this link

Sorry about the double post.

(Message edited by wdeturck on November 01, 2003)

Keith E.
I'm kinda a purist myself in parting anything. Only if it weren't for parts then Tough Stuff wouldn't be able to be fixed up again. Poor little fella led a hard life somewhere amongst the previous owner(s). I should've parted him out. But something tells me that I'll have a nice working Cub when I am done. So, Ryan if'n you want then you can trust me with that 105. I promise that I won't part it out. It'll have to be free though... Angel informed me after the Massey---- "You did know that we aren't getting anymore tractors. Didn't you?" I replied, "What if they are free?"---- That "look" that followed kinda puzzles me. (I love you Angel.)

Is there another plow day or is everyone at Travis's free parts loading up hay wagons?

Willie D,
This was free parts day at Travis's again, you and Art both missed it. Course it was done in broad daylight so I'm safe from the cops comin to visit in the morning.hehe

CHARLIE - You run out of gas with Your truck leaving Travis's too? ; - ) Started playing with leaves today. Got seven loads.... and a nap. Takes about 15 minutes to get a load and 10 minutes to haul to the burn pile & unload. Oh Well... Beats the sweeper anyday!

Thought this might be of interest. Saw a 1953 Super M with power steering sell for $6800 today. The guy also had a repainted 100, no lights,creeper,fenders or anything sell for $1250. Eleven pieces total. 10 Ms and Hs and one Cub Cadet sold for just over $34,000. WOW!!!

Hello All,

Going to tear down the model 70 this winter and the Kohler 7hp. I am in the process of getting all the parts needed and I am stuck on what to paint the engine with. Checked a few of the local auto parts stores for engine paint in yellow and have not located anything that to my eye looks like IH483. Can someone shed some light on what to do here?

Thanks,
Leigh...

Glen, Were there alcoholic beverages available at this sale? just asking
happy.gif

Leigh,

Just use the same paint that you paint the rest of the tractor with. IH didn't use anything special. Heck your paint job will most likely be better than factory.
happy.gif

13527.jpg

13528.jpg

Here is my 10 horse with the same paint as the rest of the tractor.

GLEN - I hope that was ONE REAL FANCY SUPER M! Dad sold a nice one couple yrs ago with straight tin, good tires, fresh rings & valve job for $1200. It was a '52 though. Leigh - regular IH 483 works fine on the engines. You shouldn't paint the head or cyl. block fins that get really hot anyhow. The paint just kills the heat transfer.

Glen
Was that auction around the Quad Cities area? Went to an antique engine auction in that area a few years ago, and EVERYTHING sold for at least twice, to three times or more, than normal: a 3 HP headless Witte, normally selling for around $350 at the time, brought $1100.

rich, actually i got it totally by accident. My girlfriend bought the pittsburgh post gazette sunday edition for some reason while i was looking for a tractor. We never buy that paper and it was in sewickely(can't spell) near pittsburgh. Some rather well off older gentelman was selling it because it didn't have power steering. I bought it for $2200 with a plow, new deck, and chains. At the time i didn't actually know much about it but it looked good and was garage kept and serviced twice a yearat the local cub store. Had 425 hours when i got it didn't seem like a bad deal.

Well, I had a great dayhunting for Cubs here in the Great Northwest. We ended up buying a 125 and a 109. The 125 is lacking an engine, but that 109 is sweat. It may end up being Blunierized here real soon. 16 horses???? Time will tell....

Pics to follow soon.

The 109 isn't mine yet. My friend who recently caught a bad case of yellow fever also found a 2072 with a tiller, 60" deck and a large pull behind deck that is driven by the rear PTO. It is sweat... I know it is off topic, but I have to say it was taken care of. What years were the 1872 and the 2072 made? I know that I really liked Art's 1872. I can still remember the sound of the deck engaging. I thought for a minute that I was going to go airborne...

Neighbor made a comment about needing to crack some shellcorn for horse feed this AM. He had scooped up several spills at a relative's farm and had picked up some ear corn that the combine missed...enough to keep a pony on a light grain supplement all winter.

ANYWAY, being the nice neighbor that I am, I offered the services of the 59M and 169!!!!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
(after all, it is just a hammer mill with an over sized screen)

WHAT A BLAST!!!!! Wound up the 169 and started pitchin' full ears of corn into the hopper 3-4 at a time...INSTANT cracked corn!!!! It would easily eat a 5 gallon bucket of shellcorn in 15 sec. or so and make the 16hp bark doing it........had an absolute blast!!!!!!

59M......not just for yard waste anymore!!!

Mark Vail and his friend Scott showed up this afternoon to pick up some goodies that we hauled back from PD for him, of course that turned into about an hour+1/2 of "shed talk"......

Pretty good day!!!!!

Jeff R.........wide frames NEED big engines!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

(Message edited by sblunier on November 01, 2003)

STEVE - You wear Sandals & Shorts while grinding that corn for Your neighbor? ;-) PAUL - I don't know what it is about the Q-C area.... No body seems to know What stuff should really be worth.... Must be because of the inflated wages from deare John or ????

Dave R,
I like the handles better there than between my legs. If I had it to do over again, I'd angle them forward about 2". If they were between my legs I'd trip over them getting on and off because
that tractor now has a cab on it. It makes it like a horse now you only want to get on from the left side.

Does anyone have any tips on sleeving a K321 block? I took the head off my 149 last night and
It is in bad shape. It was either bored too big or it wore
almost .010" after it was rebuilt. I can get a sleeve from NAPA where I work. And I know a pretty good engine machinist but he doesn't have much experience with kohlers. He did a real nice job on the 2 blocks I had him bore. I need to know how thick the sleeve needs to be. I'm figuring the sleeve would need to be about .060"
wall thickness???
I'm also
worried about how thin the jug can be. I don't want to strap the head down like pullers do.
This tractor will be a worker and I wan't it to last.
I remember someone posting here that they had a machine shop that wouldn't sleeve a K321 becuase
the bore was too close to the head bolt holes.

The auction was east of Ottawa Il. Collectors from around the midwest were there. Seems like alot of folks got caught up in the fever. The crowd really was buzzing when the M hit 4 grand. It was an old repaint with great tin work. Someone said it was one of the last ones to come out of Louisville. I thought the 100 could be had for under $600.It never slowed down until it hit a grand. I had a good lunch and cup of coffee and came home!

GLEN - I haven't been to an auction for many years. I used to go once or twice a month. Typically I'd buy a sandwich & coffee or soda and go home!

Latest posts

Back