• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 31, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
320813.jpg

Charlie, lol.

Mike F. If you're interested shoot me an email. I think this is what you need

Wes,

If you have already taken the carb off, or just want to, go for it.
The gas being ran in it may be the problem, if he is using plain gas with ethanol.

Ethanol gas is rough on any type of small engine.
I ran ethanol gas in my stuff for a few years and had a chainsaw, leafblower, and weedeater to quit running for that reason.

I still refused to believe that ethanol caused the problem, until one day I went to put gas in my SCAG mower.
Under the cap and around the neck were white crystals that looked like salt! OMG!!!

Since then, I use only non-ethanol in everything.
Haven't had any more issues since.
thumbsup.gif

Got dad's 44a deck set. Will swap out on his 1450 tomorrow. The Swiss cheese deck gave me a recently replaced tensioner arm that actually works! And it's greasable. Didn't paint the underside, no real time for that. I popped it under the 1200 and mowed, and everything works great!
Had to get replacement bolts for the tensioner spring and the rear hanger bracket I had to take off. Kept me from finishing last weekend

You got it Mike. Judging by the pictures from Matt G's deck resto, they look pretty well the same. See my pics from the other day of the Swiss cheese deck.

Yep, they do look a lot alike. And mine is roached out pretty bad. But there's one on c-list not to far from me (the C) and it looks pretty good, so I'll get that and the pulley you've got and make a setup for the 169. Well.. that's the plan LOL..

Marty, this 129 runs extremely well with this carb on it. I would just like to put a new needle and seat in it to get to reliable again if possible. With all of medical issues, he is kind of strapped for cash and want to get it running as cheap as possible. I have the carb off and would like to find the parts before taking it apart.

Wes,

I agree.
I like to replace questionable stuff with new as much as possible.
My thinking is: Fix it right the first time, and there usually won't be a second time. I hate "re-do's"

Just don't forget to mention to your friend about the ethanol issue, so it will continue to run fine after you fix the carb.
I am sure Charlie has the right kit, plus you will get it super fast!
thumbsup_old.gif

Has anyone saw any pictures or installed front wheel brackets on 38in or 42in mowing decks? Joey.

Back