• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 30, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shultzie,
I believe Steve and Matt have figured it out for you..........

Paul,
I agree to some extent. But last night it didn't quit running like it ran out of gas. It was making popping and cracking sounds and not running right.
Before it just was like it ran out of gas.

Jeremiah, the engine from the 122 should drop right into the 125. Just be sure to move the driveshaft coupler from the flywheel on engine that was in the 125 to the engine from the 122 that will be going into the 125. Provided that is, you have said engine and coupler...

Kent,

Is it a Mag 18 or a KT17?

KT could be a bad coil that is getting hot....M18 ignition is usually there or not there, not much in between with a mag.....

Jeremiah,

I agree with Kraig. The drive cup on the flywheel should be the only difference. I am not familiar with the gear drive cup, but the 125 hydro will use the slot cup with the pin on the driveshaft (the one that likes to waller out the drive cup).

We have contemplated doing a similar swap of a 127 engine (narrowframe hydro) into a 129 (wideframe hydro). On this one, all we would have to do is unhook the driveshaft, disconnect what is left of the electrical that is connected (I got it in a deal with my 1650 and all the attachments I got last spring, and it has issues, biggest being the hydro dump lever is stuck straight down, the hydro direction lever is frozen in the neutral position, the brake is stuck in the "on" position, and you can push the tractor with little effort) and remove the tank and mount since the 129 tank is on the dash, not the engine. For yours it should be disconnect electrical, pull engine, swap cup, reinstall engine, connect electrical, enjoy 125.....

Kent,

Coils are also known for that...especially after they get hot.....

Check fuel pump pressure while cranking, if OK, suspect coil.....

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By Scott Nicklas (Snicklas) on Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 01:10 pm:

Jeremiah,

I agree with Kraig. ....enjoy 125.....<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

297026.jpg

greenthumb.gif

Slant Tongue.gif

this is a repost so i apoligize in advance if i'm not s'posed to do that but....before i destroy what i've put a lot of work into....i have a few more questions. bear with me because i believe that the only dumb question is the one you don't ask. the seals came today from ccs...you guys rock... and when i put the first spindle together, some things struck me. i'll put description of pics here in the order they appear 'cuz when i add description to the upload, it doesn't come thru.
1) this makes sense as one of the spindles has the original seal and it's close
2) pulley has good clearence see later pic
3) all 3 spindles have 2 of what should be IH-473431-R1/R2 spacers but also what appears to be an additional spacer/washer under the cup end for clearance, can't find anything on pl see next 2 pics
4) this make sense
5)seems like the pulley should be flush with the top of the spindle, but if i take out the additional spacer, the cup rubs on the spindle base. as it is, the rubbing i hear on the washer bug the crap outta me
297035.jpg

297036.jpg

297037.jpg

297038.jpg

297039.jpg

297040.jpg

297041.jpg

i do have the three IH-ST745 style spindles from the 38 that i can put on the 42 if i can't get this straightened out and play with the other spindle when i get time. i just want it together.

Back