• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 27, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ethan,

Basically right underneath the Carb. It's the rectangle with one nut in the middle.

Charlie, I agree with Marty, I think everyone was away on vacation and today they are recovering.
happy.gif

Jason,
greenthumb.gif

Steve, nice job!

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 151
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 154
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 145
Ethan, here's a photo showing where the breather is on a K301. The photo was taken looking up under the carb, note the float bowl. This one has an aftermarket breather cover that is machined aluminum that has been anodized black (it's from Kirk's Engines, see link above). The stock cover is stamped steel with a louver in it.

315056.jpg

Attachments

• 315056.jpg
    315056.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 143
  • 315056.jpg
    315056.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 145
Jason, Good call, swapped out the valves for a set of auto's and I am back in motion. Thanks. Been driving these things for almost 40 years and that is the first time that has happened. Had some leakers but not stuck. Out of curiosity has anyone used the guy on Green Bay that re-builds these? I now have 3 bad ones and no spares.

Hi all. I have a question about a 149 with a hydro trans. My neighbor owns it but he wants me to look at the engine to see if it needs a rebuild. My question is this: Do I need to do anything special to tow it (about 500 ft.) to my garage without doing any damage? It's been sitting in his barn for about 5 years.

Don Trend,
Make sure the relief valve lever is working to push the buttons down if it has manual valves, If they are automatics, pull away, just don't get carried away on the speed.
It's not going to hurt a thing, BTDT way to many times, LOL

Back