• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 26, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrschmitt

displayname
Ron R. Schmitt
Kraig M,

Nice score on the 1450 and an awesome price with weights and snow thrower too. Charlie and you should both go buy lottery tickets this week!

I too grew up on the LH hydro lever configuration but today I run both configurations (149 and 782) and have actually come to prefer the RH configuration. You'll get use to it.

Ron, thanks. I gave the right hand lever a fair chance back in the 1980s into the 1990s with the 2072 and never took to it. I'll give it a second chance, but ya know, old dog new tricks...
dunno.gif

Attachments

• dunno.gif
    dunno.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 123
Kraig-

Great find/price on a nice tractor. It appears it has been cared for somewhat especially compared to some I've seen. And you'll never beat that price...WOW!

I know what you mean about the left vs right hydro controls. I prefer 1x9s with the lever on the left mainly because the hydraulic lever is on the right. I use a 1650 to till with and it's a challenge at times when both levers require attention. As I reach the end of the row I then have to operate both and steer at the same time. I plan to put another 149 (or maybe a 169) together and install the tiller on it. Ideally I'd like to get a GD with a creeper for tilling because the hydro requires constant movement to and fro to maintain a good tilling speed.

Are those JD wheel weights?

...The only good thing about JD L&G is their weights!!!! (and the look great painted RED)

Kraig,

Dual Hyd. and 14hp is very addicting....... put a 149 dash pedestal on it and never look back!!!!!

What he said! 1450 with a 149 dash would be nice!
icon_jam.gif

Attachments

• icon_jam.gif
    icon_jam.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 127
Worst thing about QL's is their hydro controls....loose linkage, no repeatable N return......82 series fixed a lot of those sins!!!

149 should have just skipped right to 782.....
happy.gif
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 125
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 130
Hmmm, I have a parts 149 with a complete dash tower...

Kraig M. VERY Nice score.
happy.gif
I have the missing pieces for you. Just cost shipping. The parts 1650 has the cut out to add the dual hydraulics. I'll keep that frame back unless someone wants to convert their tractor to that style of frame.

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 124
Harry, It never ceases to amaze me that you jump to the hardest possible fix to any problem. It's likely a piece of dirt in the carb.

You must work at a dealership... Bring something in for simple oil leak and leave with a rebuilt engine.

Start simple. then investigate further.

Marlin, thank you!
happy.gif
I might be able to get the missing parts from the previous owner. The owner of the dealership is going to check with him to see. Hopefully he still has them.

Wayne, thanks. Yes, they are JD weights.

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 123
Kraig,

Nice score! 150? !!!!
jawdrop.gif

I can't believe Charlie didn't beat you to it!
rofl.gif

Attachments

• jawdrop.gif
    jawdrop.gif
    995 bytes · Views: 127
  • rofl.gif
    rofl.gif
    388 bytes · Views: 126
Good thing or Charlie would have surely beaten me to it! He has a sense for finding them.

Kraig-what am I missing...how did you determine "cold weather starting"?

Ethan, with a hydrostatic when you crank the engine to start it the pump is turning thus pumping cold Hy-tran. The mechanical clutch disengages the pump making it turn over easier and faster.

Latest posts

Back