• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 25, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wshytle

displayname
Wayne Shytle
Kraig-

Michael M. has the right one posted. The index I'm speaking of dwarfs the manual section here and yes, it has the Haban story at the top.

Thanks Michael...I thought I was going nuts!

ok....is there any engineering drawings available or does anyone have the dimensions for the left runner(3/8 round not flat) on 42 inch deck? i need to do some heat and bend massage on the one that came with my 42 and just thought i'd ask. the main dimension i'm looking for is the radius on both ends. thanx

Mike C. I can get you info on that runner later today. I have one I can easily measure but I will not be able to dig it out until this evening.

thanx kraig. nic if you look at the piece, it's not a full radius as it comes off of the bottom which is flat so i just want to get it close. i just need a measurement of the base to the top of the mounting hole. the runner is in the pics somewhere on this page. here's a pic of a good one.

296834.jpg

Happy Memorial Day to All

and Happy Anniversary to my wife Sherri

Now go fire up them cubs

Cletus E try using lock washers ,that just slide over the shaft

Just found a wrecked cub with a Kohler CH18s V Twin 608 hrs. on the meter. Engine turns over with battery to the starter but no fire to the plugs. I can get the engine for 50.00 is that engine worth the risk?????

David C./Cletus E.-

I tried the stack of lockwashers once in place of a teaser spring...never again. It is not worth the effort. The clutch becomes very grabby. Get the right parts, even if you have to wait a bit.

Cletus E. I have a CH18S in my 1864. I haven't run it any amount of time because I'm still in the refurbish stage. It runs good and sounds strong. It is a Command engine and I've heard good things about them,but like you, I'm a little skeptical. I'm used to the Magnums.My opinion it's worth the $50.00, at that price I wouldn't hesitate,but again,thats just my opinion.

Charlie: But I was just trying to build a backup in case your server went down....
angel.gif
devil2.gif
clappy.gif

Cletus...I just picked up a 682 that has a magnum 18 in it...I"ve spent the last week cleaning up the motor because the previous owner (S)never checked on how much crap can get into the schrouding and motor fins on these ..what a bunch of junk that was packed in it..The thing is after i got it all cleaned up..it runs really smooth and starts on the first roll over. $50 bucks for that motor...jump on it!!!

On same said motor I'm having a charging issue ...i"ve gone thru the FAQ on solid state systems and did a check...i also had to do a rewire of the electrical system as the PO thought he was an electrical wizard...he told me when i bought it that it didnt charge and like I said...the flywheel and such was jammed pack full of crap...after cleaning everything out and reassembling everything ...i noticed that the regulator was not a kohlor...i think it belonged on a green tractor..needless to say i fired it up and smoke rolled out of the flywheel area...pulled everything apart and installed a differant stator..im getting good A C voltge on the meter...needless to say i'm pretty sure my regulator that i have on hand thats kohlor..is'nt giving me the proper voltage..i think i'm on the right tract on dignostic..looking for some in put
1a_scratchhead.gif

Does anyone know how to install part Cub Cadet IH-402344-R4 (replaces IH-402344-R3) Spring, Latch? I can't seem to fgure it out and there are no youtube videos, at least none I have found. It's part #4 in the attached diagram. Thanks.

296844.gif

Michael, I forget who took these photos but this is how they go in. First you need to remove the lever, then they just slide up in.

296848.jpg

Note that in the photo above, one clip was hot glued in place on the outside to illustrate the orientation of the clip.

296849.jpg

Charlie-

So the URL or website that Kraig posted and I have been talking about is owned by you? If so, will you ever "unlock" it? Like I said, I have been using that website for at least a couple of years. To me it was a lot more helpful and complete than the manual section in the forum. I just don't understand.

Thanks.

Back