• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 25, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig and Charlie,
Are you sure thats a 48" deck?
I think the 48" deck does not have the stepped pulley and the blades are close to the same length.
Here is a 48" and I posted the 42" earlier.
28330.gif

(Message edited by tcbusch on May 25, 2005)

Kraig was right as usual!
The first pic I posted is a 48.
The one you posted and the one I posted are 38/42's according to my info.

(Message edited by cproctor on May 25, 2005)

Terry, the first one Charlie posted is the 48" "Pin-on" deck, the tell tale part is the loop on the discharge end.
28332.jpg

This will seem like a goofy question, and it may be...... Does anybody have an installation guide for a wide frame weight bracket? I have the bracket and bolts (and weights) but the frame doesnt have holes for the front bolts. I know, measure things, drill holes, move on..... But if there is an instruction sheet, or owners manual, or anything, I would like to see it. Thanks. CM

Charles Mc -

Do you mean "Weight Bracket Parts Accessory (79 297 C92)"? The one that uses vertically stacked wheel weights? I have those instructions. But it would require cleaning the pile of junk off the scanner first...
wink.gif

The holes are already in the 38C/48C/50C front hangers and in the tractor frame - the kit's really meant for the x82 tractors. However, there's no real instructions per se for where to drill holes on older hangers and tractor frames. Just kinda line stuff up until the platform is level and the brace reaches the frame so you can drill a hole for the brace, then drill the holes for the bolts. 0.531", to be exact...

Charlie -

If folks are gonna crosspost, ferget it
lol.gif

<font size="-2">but yeah, it's the first one...</font>

Well I was going to post the same question here I posted on the other site and the green site, but seeing how it dont seem to be tolarated I guess I will not post the question about the part number for the spring teeth form a brinly cultivator CC-1000 and/or CC-600.
For I would not want to get this fine site in a up roar over cross posting.

Lonny -

Nobody said it wouldn't be tolerated. Nope, those words are nowhere to be found in either of our posts. But we do appreciate a little loyalty
wink.gif

Besides, it looks like you asked anyway!
lol.gif

Bryan.
I was hopeing you would not read my post completly throuugh and sneak in the question anyhow.
whistling.gif

At least you did not
poof.gif
the message/question.
Thats whats makes this such a great site, you can ask a question and hopefully someone with the answer will reply.

Charlie,
Thanks for the reply and info, now hopefully when I call Brinly tomrrow the spring teeth will not come up NLA.

Bryan,
I get a lot of the information I need form this site and a lot of my parts from one of the sponcers listed at the top of this site.
I enjoy reading the post here every chance I get.
However when I have what I might considder a tough question to come up with an answer to I like to ask that question in as many places as I can in hopes to get an answer.
Please forgive me for causeing a ruckuas on this fine site.

Digger, The weight bracket I am trying to mount on a 149 is the second one you posted - the color picture one. It holds the suitcase weights. Thanks.

(Message edited by cmccarty on May 25, 2005)

Charles M,
So what's the problem?
Stick a solid rod through the holes where the welded nuts are, Shove it in the QA and the frankenstein bolts on the side, put the weights on and go. BTDT.
28345.jpg

28346.jpg

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

We all know the Yahooies are bunch of misfits! grin<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

err.gif

Richard Christensen:

Thanks again for the info on neopreme gaskets. I am sick and tired of always having to put cardboard under parked cubs to soak up transmission leaks. I am currently working on a 1250, however I have a 1650 that leaks just as bad. You are right about those cork gaskets-a waste of time.

Back