• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 24, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had/have that same problem with the deck raising and not being level. I was mowing with a 129 with hydraulic lift and hit a root. I went to lift the deck and didn't realize the deck lip was caught on the root and I broke a rockshaft pin. They are coiled roll pins, 5/16"x 1 1/2" IIRC. I had the same thing happen on a 149. It isn't that hard to replace the pins. I removed the deck and undercarriage then jacked the tractor up to about a 45* angle. I found half of the roll pin in the 149 just lying there loose in the hole and I could remove it with just my fingers. The rest popped out nicely with a drift pin. I just parked the 129 in the barn because I didn't have to have it...plenty of mowers around.

Hmmm,
1a_scratchhead.gif

314973.jpg

314974.jpg

Looks like a PO mod for cold weather starting to me.
happy.gif

Ooooo, dual Hydraulics.
happy.gif
bannana_guitar.gif
happy.gif

314975.jpg

Attachments

• 314973.jpg
    314973.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 130
  • 314974.jpg
    314974.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 314975.jpg
    314975.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 139
Wayne - you gotta be the luckiest guy around with those roll pins in the rock shaft. My experience is the same as Marty's - it's gotta be one of the worst PIA problems to fix.

Kraig - I wouldn't call it a PO Mod necessarily. That 1450 has the optional cold weather starting "manual clutch" option.

Hydro, thanks! I knew there was a disconnect kit for later Cubs but never knew there was one for the 1450. I guess I should have looked...
happy.gif
Of all the IH Cubs I know the least about the QL Series and then the 82 Series.

314977.jpg

If that's a real cold weather kit on that 1450 and not a PO copy of one, then it is a RARE BIRD.....can't be many of those out there.

They were very common on the diesel SGT's, etc (centrifugal clutch style at rear coupler)....but the "Manual hydro" version......cool!

I'd say that's the fair dinkum disconnect kit. I don't see too many PO's bothering to get the "proper overspray" on the special hydraulic line. Awesome find for someone.

Steve, it doesn't look at all hacked up. I had a quick look at it but have not got it home yet to really investigate. It's missing the side panels, top cover to the exhaust box, the air filter housing and muffler. It was traded in at the JD dealership where my brother works. They are going to contact the guy that traded it in and see if he might have some of the missing parts. It has a newer battery and turns over and seems to have compression. The points cover is loose but there. It supposedly ran last year but wouldn't start this spring so a couple weeks ago he traded it in. For all I know it's just out of gas...

Note the PO modded mower deck rollers.
happy.gif

314979.jpg

314980.jpg

4 paddle QA42A.

314981.jpg

Attachments

• 314981.jpg
    314981.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 124
  • 314980.jpg
    314980.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 314979.jpg
    314979.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 169
Wyatt, that someone is me. I'm thinking it's worth the $150 I'm paying...
buttrock.gif

I'll make it free to you in exchange for those wheel weights.....
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Steve, thanks for the offer but those are one of the things I'm keeping for certain. Not sure yet if the tractor will stay or not. The QL Series is not my favorite... But the hydraulic lift is tempting. If I can get it running and after I run it a bit I might keep it. That is, IF I can get used to the right hand hydro control. I've been running a 125 with it's left hand hydro control lever ever since 1969 and I never could get used to the hydro control on my parents 2072 when they had it. I much prefer the 125's left hand control.
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back