• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 23, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Just as well keep it going through the weekend.
thumbsup.gif

Here's some ground rules for this coming weekend:

1. Don't wish me a Happy Memorial day. There is nothing happy about brave men and women dying.
2. It's not a holiday. It's a remembrance.
3. If you want to know the true meaning, visit Arlington or your local VA, not freaking Disneyland.
4. Don't tell me how great any one political power is. Tell me about Chesty Puller, George Patton, John Basilone, Dakota Meyer, Kyle Carpenter, Mitchell Paige, Ira Hayes, Chris Kyle and any other heroes too numerous to name. Attend a Bell Ceremony and shed some tears.
5. Don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about. I have carried the burden all too many times for my warriors who now stand their post for God.
6. Say a prayer... and then another.
7. Remember the Fallen for all the Good they did while they were here.
8. Reach out and let a Vet know you're there, we're losing too many in "peace".

High School band is doing a big salute to Veterans concert Saturday......all proceeds to Honor Flight.....local Legion handling flag ceremony.

Trying to give the local Veterans the reverence they deserve.

Digger, well said.

Even though, I serve in the US Army from 1978 to 1985, I really don't consider myself a veteran - fortunately there were no combat zones during that time, except for Grenada which was around 1983, if I remember correctly. I have served with a lot of Vietnam vets when I was in, there were still some serving in the late 70s and early 80s. I heard first hand their stories, when they were willing to tell them.

Remember it isn't the politician who keeps this country free, but it's God and the military.

Here's a little off topic Friday addition.
Mowed with the Cub for about 1-1/2 hours last night.
greenthumb.gif

325646.jpg

325647.jpg

Shultzie, that is a very cool Cub! I second Charlie, I like the duals.
greenthumb.gif

I'd love to have a Lo-Boy just like that one.......just missed out on buying the one Paul Bell had for sale a few years back.....

Nice old Cub....bet mowing banks is much safer with the duals, they get a little "tippy" being so long legged....

Steve: Thanks for the laugh! Farmers are a sturdy lot and they will survive. Nothing planted yet on my place a bit southwest of Streator. Thinking maybe of switching to rice and double cropping with crayfish!

Great cartoon! Sadly it seems fitting. Thanks for sharing it.

Great Cub pic. Again, Great Pic! Thanks Again.

That photo of the Cub reminds me of one of I took of my 61 Lo-Boy next to a field. Don't think the corn will do as well this year...they haven't been able to get in the fields.

325653.jpg

That photo looks altered. Not saying it's not true but looks a little weird to me.

It looks like the right mower deck skid stuck in the front tire.

Shultzie...Wow, what a cool Cub! I second Steve B...I'd love to have one, especially with a mower like that. Come to think of it I've seen those decks before but not many...I'm guessing they are very rare now days, maybe even more rare than the tractor? The discharge chute resembles the cast end style for the 70/100...my favorite model. Given the similar vintage I'm sure this is not a coincidence.

Back