• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 23, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
I was traveling alright, back and forth across the garden!!

296767.jpg

That is, after we fixed this mess! PO's, Ya gotta love 'em!

They had spliced a piece of 3/4" rod to the top of the spindle and welded it to the drag link arm!! The bearings were frozen to the axle and I had to cut the spindle off in order to replace it.

Thank God for parts tractors!!
296777.jpg

296774.jpg

296775.jpg

296776.jpg

David S.
No traveling for me either. Just trying to get a couple up and running, besides the 73. LOL
It doesn't take long to make a mess!
296779.jpg

No traveling for me either. See my post in the Sandbox in the "Things that Kill my Cub Time" thread.
rant.gif

No traveling here either guys. Got the engine out of the 682 replacing seals, gaskets and starter. Can't wait to get it all back together and get some seat time. Everyone enjoy the holiday and thanks to all who served!

Help Please---------I have a recent complete rebuild on a K321. It ran for a couple of weeks. Then out of no where it started acting as if it was running out of gas(pulling choke in and out helped it run. Matter of fact it's the only way it would run) Then it cleared up. I ordered a new carb and put it on thinking it would stop it from happening again. BUT it is doing the same thing except it wont start now. Checked the spark at the spark plug. Good strong spark. Tries to start, but it never gets going. Just miss hitting until it goes dead. Took of carb checked float--Good and checked out fuel bowl by taking loose fuel bowl nut. Plenty of gas coming into bowl. Checked needle. Seems to be working fine. What gives ????????????????????????????

Got called in to work, so that's as far as I traveled... LOL..

Got back home at 3 am and just woke up, 10:00 am.

Now to get the deck on and we'll mow the lawn with the 73.

Jerry G: It seems to me that if you have spark & gas, all you need is compression to make it go. Is a valve sticking perhaps? Have you re-torqued the head bolts?

A quick check/verification of gas delivery is to squirt gas in the chamber directly (or use starter fluid sparingly). If the motor starts and runs briefly on fuel without the carburetor, then the problem is the carburetor; if the motor doesn't start and run briefly with the direct approach, the problem is NOT the carburetor but something else, either in the ignition system or in the engine mechanics itself.

Just my thoughts; others with more experience getting rebuilds working may have something to add.

For some reason I have lost my "index of PDF" I have used for years. It says I have a error 403 or some crap like that and can't access that URL any longer. If anyone can email me another copy I might be able to regain it that way. My email is in my profile and thanks.

I now need to know what type of hydraulic fluid to use for my nf hydraulic system. I think I remember it saying to use a 10W or just Hytran but I want to be sure.

Charlie?...Anyone?

TIA

Jerry G.-

I had a 149 doing the same thing and a new condenser did the trick.

Might be worth a try. Good luck!

Jerry G
Retighten head bolts. You may also change out
The Coil. It worked for me.

Thanks Kraig McConaughey, I got the blades off of the deck. Not sure where I need to pry between both sides of the friction disc and the PTO housing on the CC86. If it is rusted do I spray with penetrating oil?

Thanks for the tip Steve Blunier, and Thank God for Gear Wrenches. I got the new clutch disc installed. Now I have to press the clutch/brake pedal all the way down to the foot rest to get the drive shaft to stop turning to change gears. IS this normal or have I damaged something else.

Charlie-

No. The index I'm speaking of covers a bunch of different things including Brinly , Haban, etc. If you Google it it's on down the list. CCC has a couple of indexes as well but this one covers the IH stuff with a lot of "how to's" as well.

I was pretty sure I remembered Hytran as listed so that's what I used. I'm finally finished with the 124 less installing the hood. It runs so good and the hydraulics are going to be a welcomed change. I did learn that installing hydraulics isn't all that "cut and dried". I had to fine tune a few things and figuring out how to tighten the belt was a blast. There are a few close moving/nonmoving parts like the pto rod that made me a little nervous at first but it's all good now.

Thanks!

Cletus,

did you replace the TO bearing and teaser spring?

Hytran is the life blood of all things IH, a true "Magic elixir"...

Latest posts

Back