• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 20, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hung the 38" deck I restored several years ago on the 104 for this years show season.

Really a tight squeeze where the straight fork for the pin on deck fits on the rock shaft what with the 3 point lift bar installed. I may have to shave a little off the top of the fork or the bottom of the lift bar attaching plate or both.

325635.jpg

Thanks Charlie.
That hinge looks no different then a std hinge? What makes it better?? Black paint?? LOL!

I am minutes away from Mcmaster Carr(I order regularly for work). They offer an abundance of variations of SS piano hinge material.

Here's some ground rules for this coming weekend:

1. Don't wish me a Happy Memorial day. There is nothing happy about brave men and women dying.
2. It's not a holiday. It's a remembrance.
3. If you want to know the true meaning, visit Arlington or your local VA, not freaking Disneyland.
4. Don't tell me how great any one political power is. Tell me about Chesty Puller, George Patton, John Basilone, Dakota Meyer, Kyle Carpenter, Mitchell Paige, Ira Hayes, Chris Kyle and any other heroes too numerous to name. Attend a Bell Ceremony and shed some tears.
5. Don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about. I have carried the burden all too many times for my warriors who now stand their post for God.
6. Say a prayer... and then another.
7. Remember the Fallen for all the Good they did while they were here.
8. Reach out and let a Vet know you're there, we're losing too many in "peace".

Larry K,

The Quietline hinge pin and corresponding hinges are much bigger in diameter and heavier duty than the 1X8/9 series hinge shown below.
325638.jpg

Borrowed this from Charlie's CCS site.

Charlie, thank you for the reminder about the real meaning of Memorial Day.

Well said, Charlie.
What a different country this would be, if people would realize what veterans have sacrificed for us.

George L.

That pin in the center of the shift yoke has to come out. There's a plug on the bottom of the creeper you remove and then you can get a pin punch in there to drive it out.

Normally I take a pair of side cutters and slide it out the bottom, but with that pin mashed, your going to have to punch it from the bottom up.

Your going to need a new pin when you put it back together.

Needle nos pliers to get it started through the bottom hole, drive it in, then piano wire it in place for good measure.
Remove the spiral pin on the side that holds the spring detent on and you can rotate the shift leaver and drive the pin out towards the back with a punch.

Back