• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 20, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kide

displayname
Gerry Ide
Frank:
What have you been burning in that - moonshine? Looks like the carbon all burned off, was it running with the timing really late?

Uhhhh, hi Charlie
clown.gif

For some reason the mike takes away all the grunt from that 301...gonna have to do something different there
1a_scratchhead.gif

I recently got a '76 or '77 model 1000 from my brother in law, who had stopped using it a few years ago. He is moving to a new place, and asked if I wanted his old mower since I had fixed it for him a few times in the past.
I cleaned out all the animal nests in the engine cowling, washed out the fuel system, and a jumpstart fired it right up. I plan to change all the fluids and sharpen up the blades this weekend and see how it mows before I give away the murray I already have.
I want to get a blade for the front and I am wondering if there is a handy attachment reference or some advice on what will fit.

Thanks for any help,
Andy Johnson

does any one no of a link to where they like to took about. I don't want to say it [wis] sorry charlie i was on a roll there.
angel.gif

I have a Cub Cadet 1650. I do not use the hydraulic lift any more. I want to remove the cylinder & valve. Can I remove the lines at the pump & put plugs back in? Or do I need to do it another way?

Jerry N.
Yepper, that's all you have to do.
But why do you want to remove them? Just curious.

And Welcome to the forum.
beerchug.gif

Charlie:
Just plug 'em? Seems like that would force the oil through the lift pressure relief valve all the time at 650 PSI...(Waste of horsepower). I dunno, just seems wrong to plug a high pressure port - my first thought would have been to loop the output port back to the input port (sump)...which is what the spool valve does when in the center position..
1a_scratchhead.gif

Bet there's a lineup for those spare parts..

Kendell,
One of my 149's had the lines plugged because the PO was to lazy to fix one of the lines that sprung a leak and it showed no loss of power. I had a 1450 that was plugged once too. Beats me if it hurts anything or not, but I ran that 1450 for 3 years with no problems.
If ya know somethin I don't, spill it man!
clappy.gif

On all of the 169's they shipped without the hydraulic lift on them they changed out the lift pressure relief spring. Don't know if that was necessary but there must have been a reason they did.

Jerry N.

I'm curious too as to why you're wanting to remove the hydraulic lift since you don't use it. Are you wanting to sell the parts or will it be in the way for a mod or something?

Digger:
Based on the description below, I'm guessing they changed the 169's springs to correct the pressure from the charge pump to the hydro pump if the lift ports were plugged. Otherwise, the hydro pump would always be fed the max pressure (like with a fully extended lift cylinder) - "charge pressure during the raise or lower cycle will be equivalent to lift pressure". I'm again guessing they did it to avoid premature wear on the charge pump (you know, 20 years, instead of a lifetime).
You didn't have problems - that's probably on the tractor you towed the ten tons of shingles with - you were gettin' three times the normal pressure to the hydro pump
clappy.gif

152032.jpg

Hi Bryan.....

Dennis Frisk,
Back on Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 01:09 pm We were talking about part prices. I just got a call from my machine shop and here's what the K301 for the 129 needs.
Cylinder bored, valves reseated, head milled, crank turned, piston, rod, cam shaft, exhaust valve and governor.
That works out for everything to just over 850.00. So as you see prices have not gone down.

Did they break that down into labor and parts separately?

Kendell Ide,

That's the total. Parts, labor, shop supplies and machining.

Looking at the diagram just posted, if the charge pump relief valve and the lift pressure relief valve were swapped (assuming that is possible) the implement control valve would never see pressure, as the charge pump relief valve would open, limiting the system to 200 psi.
Running the higher pressure might not damage anything, but it will cause extra heat and use up some hp.
Clear as mud, right ?

In the original question, the ICV wouldn't see pressure anyway, as the out and in ports are gonna be plugged...Without a spring change, the circuit pressure will be a max of the lift pressure relief valve (500-650 PSI). I think some of the "hydro noise" we hear in normal operation is the charge pressure relief valve rattling against it's seat (relieving pressure). Charlie probably wants this discussion to go to Wisconsin...
lol.gif

Back