• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 18, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rchristensen

displayname
Richard Christensen
Bob On your question if the parts were interchangeable between the NF and WF, I don't know but I seriously doubt it.

Had a "Mini PD' today tilling a small garden with some friends.
Cris "E"
84124.jpg

Mike "M"
84125.jpg

Brad "D"
84126.jpg

I've read various discussions on 3 pt. hitches and some say the geometry is difficult to get right. What exactly are they talking about? Does this really matter? The only thing I could see would be the height from where the lower links attach and where the top link attaches, and maybe the distance longitudinally, from a given point, to where the lower links attach and where the top link attaches (say x number of inches from the rear axle)???? Anyone familiar with this?

Ron S,
Was afraid it might be a challenge, but I feel a belt drive is going to be a weak link in the way I would like to use this tractor. I planned on building a front end loader on it, with dual rear wheels and weights. I need it around the ranch for cleaning up and moving hay, ect..

Wyatt,
I'm pretty sure mine doesn't have bushings at the pivot point. I'll be taking the spindles out soon to add the seal collars so I'll see if there are bushings in there. I hope there are because the spindles do have some slop in them and it has a little negative camber.

Here is a pic of the tractor right now. It is quite a combination of parts from all different series.
84129.jpg

Does it have a part name & are they avail. still or is it a ebay/Cl/swap meet search for this bracket? its the piece arrow points to in pic:
84133.jpg

tom s, thanks for the link, i still don't understand why i could not get into that. anyway, 15-20 ft. lbs. is what i needed JIC this thing blows another head gasket soon.

Harry M. It is a Narrow Frame Three Point Hitch adapter. I know that the fine sponsors at the top of the page should have them in stock.
ihrotate.gif

Scott-thanks for info. thats the part that was missing when I went to look at a sleeve hitch assy. Weird that they had everything else there on tractor but not that piece. 3 point hitch adapter, eh? Another mystery solved.

Tom, love those 234's. A guy down the road from me has one that looks like it just left the dealer, the only thing he has ever done with it is mow his yard. It doesn't even get dirty.

I need to clarify that in my post below on 3 pt. hitches, I was referring to Cat 0 hitches. Not the Cub 3 pt.

Harry M, Scott N: Hmmm that's odd...My TC-113 calls it a "Lift Lever Mounting Bracket", used on the 1x6/7 series.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Myron B. Thank you for the clarification on the name. I was just going by what I had seen it called on a couple of the sponsers listing.

Scott

Harry, that bracket is NOT a "Narrow Frame Three Point Hitch adapter" The bracket your arrow is pointing to, part 9 in this drawing, is the bracket to mount the top cast piece to a 1x6/7 series narrow frame Cub Cadet. The 70/100, 1x2/3 and 1x4/5 series Narrow Frame Cub Cadets do not require it, only the 1x6/7 series requires it due to the fender design. I would guess that if you bought a rear hitch and it did not come with that bracket it is because you got a hitch from one of the other Narrow Frame series. I see your profile says you do not have any Cub Cadets yet, you may or may not need that part.... FWIW, That photo you posted is missing part #1....

84135.jpg

84136.jpg

I type too slow, that or I type too much, Myron beat me!
bash.gif

Jim-
The setup of the linkages do not matter if you are simply seeking to "hook up" to a CAT-0 implement. IF you plan on transfering a draft load effeciently to maximize traction to put power to the ground, then a linkage tailored to the dynamics of a given tractor becomes more necessary. Of the garden tractors that are on the market, I don't know how many are an "engineered" setup. I will say that I've seen test data taken by John Deere on their garden tractors with strain gauges on lift links, draft links, etc. (which clearly showed that whoever the intern conducting the test hasn't the foggiest clue how to set up a plow). This would tell me that they at least collected data to refine their setup.

Those that go the "extra mile" are the ones that incorporate an active or passive method of dtaft sensing. The latter was used on the 3-point setups on the Deere 140 tractors, though I haven't been able to witness how well it actually works.

As far as the last part of your question, the lift link length, which determines the implement's arc of travel is mandated by ASAE standards (similar to SAE standards for the automotive industry).

Todd-
Nice setup, you've got the best of many Cub designs, all on one platform!

Back