• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 17, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hydroharry

displayname
Harry Bursell
Charlie - <font size="+2">NICE!!!!!!</font> What a snag.
Looks like the one in the pic was made in 1995. I see the muffler and carb but do they have the PTO clutches on them as well????
I saw one posted (NOS engine) awhile back the guy claimed was for a IHCC but NO WAY. It had the wrong base. Had the tall oil pan base instead of the short dished pan a IHCC uses.

Charlie P. VERY NICE!!! It looks like you've found replacement Kohlers for Kraig's and my 125s.
biggrin.gif

David S. You mentioned acquiring a POS 128 in the Red Power Roundup section. Do you have any pictures to share? Also if you need any fenders you better email Mike Beadle soon. He wants me to hurry down in the next couple of weekends since he's taking things to the scrap yard. I'm going to try and rescue as much as I can with the Dakota. If needed I'll look into a U Haul trailer.

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 155
Nic B.
I'm still waiting on some answers in the thread you started about those cattle converters.
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 154
Marlin, I like the way you think.
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 158
why do some front ptos have one pressure spring and others have two. Is there two different types? (Model 128 without brake.) Thanks

I'm trying to rebuild pto clutch

Ok guys I'm stumped! I have a 1282 and there must be too much pressure building up in the hydro. I put a breather up out of my fill plug on the back and it did not help. It iis leaking out of the small holes on the large nuts/bolts up on top of the hydro. So it drips. Any ideas?

Jerry G.
There's PTO's.
1. Single spring
2. Double spring
3. Double spring, brake style.
314811.jpg

Attachments

• 314811.jpg
    314811.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 169
  • 314811.jpg
    314811.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 155
Allan K.
One or both things are wrong, none involve a bad hydro pump.
1. The O-rings in the relief valves are shot.
2. The relief valves themselves are tired and wore out. A good cleaning SOMETIMES helps, but not very often.

The only way to find out is to try and clean them first. If they still leak or leak worse, check the O-rings and or see if there's something stuck under one of the balls at the bottom of each valve.

BTW,
It's close enough to Off Topic Friday to answer you on the main board.
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 172
Charlie - your price on those K-301's is what I paid for one from a L&G place back in '94... They were priced as a "spring special" promo from Kohler..

Great video Steve!
Those things sure do a great job.
That's the ONLY attachment that I've never had the chance to own.

Thanks Digger. Is there some slight difference in the light duty and medium clutches. Can you use same pressure springs in either. Thanks in Advance BTW, I think I have 2 types non brake ptos. I know I have 1 brake style. Are the clutch housing the same I would like to rebuild one but was wondering about the pressure springs. How can I tell the med duty apart from light duty.

can someone guide me as to where I can purchase an outside mower deck spindle? I believe it's a 50" deck with 3 17" blades and the pulley on the spindle is 4.5" OD I also need the pulley.

Also, would any of the new after market work ? I see a lot of them but I don't know if the bolt pattern and height would work.

Paul P.
No matter where you look, your going to have to have more info that your providing.

Also, the email address in your profile is no good and needs to be fixed ASAP.

There's also pretty colored boxes at the top of every page on the forum. Trying clicking on one and see what ya get.
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 158
Steve S. Great video. I like the slow motion action.
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 163
Digger, Marlin-- It's fun to operate but can be a bit tricky in places due to the offset center of gravity. At the moment I'm planning to take this setup to RPRU this year. My photographer hit the slow motion button by accident but the video still turned out reasonably well.

You know!
Some days it just doesn't pay to snoop around the web!
biggrin.gif

314837.jpg

Attachments

• 314837.jpg
    314837.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 147
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 152
  • 314837.jpg
    314837.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 148