• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 16, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
So I was digging through some NOS parts boxes today and found something interesting I had never noticed before!
The original electric lift motor from IH is way shorter than the new ones I get today.
Not that anyone else cares.
biggrin.gif

325478.jpg

But I like the sticker on the box that says made in USA.

OT Friday. Neighbor has a Yazoo with a 24HP Honda. Won’t start. I check it out. Good spark. Crank it and a lot of fuel in the exhaust and cylinders. Was going to pull the carb apart and I happened to look in the end of the rubber vent hose. Mud daubber got in and plugged it up. Blew it out and fired right up. Don’t know how long he tried to start it but I blew a lot of gas out of the muffler. I mean a lot. Told him to change the oil even though it didn’t smell of gas.

My OTF post of something I'm going to look at in the next week or so!
I think I might just need this thing.
325480.jpg

Charlie, that looks pretty cool, what model is it? Looks like the loader bucket has seen some rough use. EDIT: That's located in some wide open country, must be in the Dakotas.
dunno.gif

Doug, rotten mud daubers! They always seem to fill up every setscrew hole on my mechanical PTOs.
angry.gif

I am 90% sure that is a 3800 backhoe loader, 4100s have different fenders than that one has.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Ah, a 3800.
greenthumb.gif

I knew it wasn't a 4100, I know what those look like.

325482.jpg

While doing a bit of internet research on the IH 3800, I found this -> IH 3800

Charlie, if you do get the 3800 be careful loading and unloading it!
icon_eek.gif

roflol.gif

Here’s another interesting OTF.....

https://youtu.be/0IjrU5bUbUc

This is by AvE. If you are familiar with his videos, he can be “colorful” but his content is really good. I’ve watched many of his tool and other videos, but this one caught my attention. He explains how a Sauer-Danfoss pump works. It’s not a 15U, but it does help me understand the ideology how they work. I’ve read all the stuff in the manual, but this ties it together visually.

Scott: I thought I was the only one around here..

Here is a dictionary to help understand this crazy Canadian: https://avedictionary.com/ It is believed that his background is in heavy mining in Western Canada and throughout the world, but he's also a machinist. His "vijeos" on Youtube include dissembling power tools and other equipment and reviewing quality. He is not sponsored by any company and you might not like what he's got to say about your favorite tools..

Caution - he can be addictive

"How do you open the hood on that original?"
Ya gotta be Paul Bell or have his magic touch!

Back