• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 16, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vthomley

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Vincent Thomley
Yesterday I smoothed off a lane we made at our hunting land and planted a little seed. The 122 performed perfect!

304422.jpg

304423.jpg

Attachments

• 304422.jpg
    304422.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 165
  • 304423.jpg
    304423.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 156
  • 304422.jpg
    304422.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 149
  • 304423.jpg
    304423.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 170
Vince, very nice! I need to plow up the old food plot at the farm and reseed it. Thanks for the reminder. What seed did you use?

Anyone know how to get the horn off the end of an electric lift unit? Sold one to a guy and trying to the the end off to fit into a smaller box for shipping.

thanks

Nathan W.
Remove the set screw in the housing.
Unscrew the tube from said housing.
Slide it away from the housing an inch or two.
CAREFULLY wiggle the the shaft and pull from the housing.
If you don't do it right, the main drive gear will get chipped and you will SOL.

Just oats for now in this lane, we I spilled a little sunflower bird seed too. Will re-till the north part of this in late August for Winter Rye, clover, and some radishes. Same for 2 other spots in the woods.

The 122 should look a bit different by then. The muffler is coming off, back to a regular muffler. A more comfortable nicer seat will be installed. My dad 10.5 Firestone Ag will probably be back on his Cub also. I had a tear in the sidewall of mine. Time to find a new to me 8.5" Firestone Ag

Sounds like i will just get a bigger box. I dont want to chance breaking it.

Got some seat time on the 108 today. Mowed quite a bit. After I was done, discovered I need a throwout bearing, as I lost all clutching. I seen on CC Specialties an upgraded throwout bearing; can anyone tell me how good it is??

Are narrow frame creepers a correct fit for QL's and 1X9 tractors except that you need a handle extension?

Creeper is the same, handle is different, but can be made to work with an extension and some bending of the handle (reshaping).

Rob - NF Creeper won't work on a 1x9 tractor (those are Hydros). You can make it work on a 1x8 tho
biggrin.gif

I'd recommend getting the new handle. If you go twist'n and bending the existing handle after it's installed it's a real pain to get at (limited space) and if you end up with a messed up O-ring on either end of the handle and it starts leaking you won't be happy. It's not real tough to get the old handle out before you install the Creeper on the tractor. I'd definitely get the 2 new O-rings to make sure the new handle doesn't leak either when you re-install.

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 155
The saga of my 107 PTO clutch spring.
I may have been better off to pick up extra hours at work and just paid for the kit.

But I’m on a mission now.

Friday: First lady at Cub Cadet/MTD tells me they no longer make the part, may have got an old part that was left over. No recalls she could see.

Saturday: Talked to my parts guy at Case IH he said he would check on it Monday.

This morning: My parts guy talked to two people at his supplier the second was the person in charge of recalls. The answer was Charlie does not know what he is talking about.

Stopped by to see my son and find the second pressure spring is broken.

This afternoon: Talk to a lady at Cub Cadet/MTD when I ask if the part was available she said yes. After some time, she realizes I’m not going away. Then talk to a guy there who also appreciates I’m not going away. He tells me if not tonight he will call me back tomorrow. I’m now guessing it will be tomorrow.

Now the optimist in me says it will give us the time we need to weld this.

304434.jpg

Vince,

The trail looks great, something to be proud of.
I bet the 122 has done lot of work and still looks good.

Bill

Attachments

• 304434.jpg
    304434.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 138
  • 304434.jpg
    304434.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 188
Bill R.
Not once did you read that I said anything about a RECALL!

That being said, I'll just keep the box of 20 NOS PTO springs that came UPS today from Mississippi!

sorry.gif

No you did not. I made the assumption, if Cub Cadet had to replace 3000……….

Please set aside three of the springs for me. I'll place my order today. After I look to see what is on my wish list.

Thanks again.

Bill

Attachments

• sorry.gif
    sorry.gif
    15.5 KB · Views: 154
  • sorry.gif
    sorry.gif
    15.5 KB · Views: 159
The K301 in my cub 1250 was smoking some so I tore it down to do a refresh last winter and found that the wrist pin keeper on one side was gone and the wrist pin had scored a groove into the cylinder wall. The block was in perfect condition other wise and I wanted to save it so the guy at the machine shop said it could be bored out for the 3.50 piston used in a K321. Ok the motor is back together and works fine with no smoke so here is the question. This was an early block and had the small diameter exhaust valve. What effect will this have on the engine as far as it being able to expel the additional gases of the larger displacement? Is this a concern or not as to the longevity of the rebuild?

I recently picked up a 129 at auction The gas tank was 2/3 full and the gas was in there so long that a 1/4 inch of algae is coating the walls. I read the method to take care of rust in the tank, but I'm in need of suggestions to take care of my algae problem. All comments welcome.

Dale E.
The rust removal thing should take care of the algae, especially if your going with the muriatic acid route.
If not, go with Roundup or 2,4-D LV4,
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 149

Latest posts

Back