• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 12, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shultzie-- Thanks for the illustrated pic...this was very helpful to us. We have the setup figured out now and especially like your idea of adding the extra chain for support. Got a new PTO drive belt on today and everything appears to run smoothly (it reminds me of my grandma's old sewing machine, LOL). Planning to make some more minor adjustments, add the extra chain, and try some actual mowing on Thursday. Also planning to display it at AJ's Garden Tractor Jamboree in Oregon IL on Saturday.

As for the belt guard, we now believe the only way it could possibly fit is by cutting a hole in the guard plate itself to make room for the brake adjustment bolt, since the plate would be practically flush with the brake rod itself...there's virtually no clearance for the head of any bolt there regardless of length. Go figure...

Steve S.
I think it's time you post some pics now.
err.gif

worthless.gif

Shultzie-- Great idea. I'll have a chance to do that tomorrow--maybe even some video.

Haban Mowers:

FYI: IH replacement sickle sections are used on Haban knives.

Still alive... Been mowing like CRAZY after work lately straight till dark... I'll getcha guys some pics soon =)

Two questions:
1.) I'm setting up a new electrolysis tank and would like to use aluminum rivets to attach clamps for sacrificial metal rods, will the chemical reaction damage the aluminum?

2.) Was this scraper box blade mfg. by Cub Cadet?

286430.jpg

That is and IH #40 box scraper, made specifically for Cub Cadet use........nice find!!!!

Thanks for the info Steve, It was part of the package with my CC147 years ago. I have no use for it so I'll post it on the "for sale" section here. I've had it on craigslist in the Dallas/Ft. Worth for a few weeks and no bites.

James N.

Yes, aluminum is sometimes used as a sacrificial metal to prevent corrosion in other susceptible metals. If it is used on the cathode (neg. side) it won’t last long and not as fast on the anode. The thickness of the aluminum material is the most significant factor, the thicker it is the longer it will last.

Jim

Back