• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 10, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ron G - on your 122 pedestal I see Dave C just posted that you could weld it up. I think you'll have to remove the pedestal to really do that. I've had a few 122s with the same problem. If you look closely you'll see the corners are thin metal but IH tacked a heavier piece of steel behind the front that holds the yoke for the clutch release lever. Instead of welding you can cut 2 pieces of 3/8" x 2" angle iron about an 1" or 1 1/4" wide. Remove the front side bolt holding the front of the pedestal to the base and lay the angle iron over the hole - then slide it down so you can mark the center of the hold on the angle iron. Then slide it back over the hole and mark the front side where you can drill another hole. Remember you need enough space to install a nut on the back and not interfere with the nut on the back of the original bolt that's tacked to the frame. Then you'll have to drill the holes in the angle iron and one hole in the front of the base of the pedestal and thru the heavier steel backing plate. It's a bit hard to describe but you should get the idea. To make it look pretty you'll have to match up both pieces of angle iron. It will end up alot sturdier than original. Those corners of the pedestal crack because every time you depress the clutch it flexs when the release lever is pushed. It's one thing IH really should have made sturdier.

Dave C....Thanks for your suggestion. That was my initial thought as well. I haven't looked at it real close yet.

Harry B... I like your idea of making it heavier/stronger. I guess I can't complain to much since it's taken about 50 yrs give or take to break.

Frank, That's why we always start these IH Cub Cadets with the clutch/brake lever depressed and locked. Now, my old Ford F100 will continue to crank over like your 107 does, though mine is a standard shift. I give the solenoid a smack with my adjustable wrench and the solenoid switch opens. Did you try to start the 107 again?

Might be something in the two pole voltage regulator not releasing......

From way back in the archives around 2002, info posted by Jeremy Cusick on his repair to the clutch pivot bracket. He inserted a length of angle iron to reinforce the area:

296476.jpg

296477.jpg

296478.jpg

And his drawings of the part he inserted to reinforce it.

296479.jpg

296480.jpg

Kraig,
I replaced my weak Clutch pivot bracket with a newly designed block. I doubt if it will wear out in my lifetime.
wink.gif

296485.jpg

296486.jpg

Back