• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 08, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
I'm thinking Tinkerbell just got upstaged!
325398.jpg

I need to install a plastic fan to cool the hydro trans on my 1650 there are only 2 blades left on the fan. Do I need to move the engine forward to remove the shaft.

George C.
Nope, just unhook the shaft from the pump, take the coupler off and slide the fan on and replace everything. It's tight, but it can be done. BTDT way to many times, LOL

Carpeted footrests and painted on rear whitewalls. I doubt that the air filters are functional.

The truck behind it isn't much better!

Doug -
eek.gif

His wife probably told him he had to sell it.
"I'm trying dear, it just won't sell for some reason"
lol.gif

Charlie, that reminds me of the old Burger King crowns.
happy.gif

Loaded question.. has anyone ever documented moving the hydraulics from a 149 to a 129 or similar wideframes?
I'm looking at simplifying my life a little, doubt if I'll ever rehab the 149 and I'll never part with the 129.

The other issue I've got is evaluating the pump on the 149, as there's no way to test it - the driveshaft was a cobbled mess. I may have to resort to a 1/2" drill motor. (cross post points?)
I'll look at the innards of the diff and condition of the Hytran, but it may be a little bit of a crapshoot.
I'm not sure what can be swapped or if it's even possible to combine parts from the two 15U's (the 129's pump is still working well).

Gerry-

Lots of parts from the two pumps are interchangeable. The differences between ported and unported are the front half of the case, configuration of relief valves, and the charge pump. The rest of the guts are the same.

I think you will have a difficult time evaluating the condition of the pump without an engine. I don't think a drill motor is going to be able to put enough power into it to tell you anything useful.

If you end up tearing into the pump, I would replace the two needle bearings on the input shaft. I've recently dealt with two units that had worn bearings, and I haven't been able to identify a clear cause. Both had ~1500 hours.

Hydro input needle bearings........wailing on a roll pin in the coupler with a hammer........I have always attributed those failures to that reason.

...Support the shaft with a block, stand, or floor jack (as much as possible) whenever driving roll pins.

..and I have mixed parts from ported and non-ported pumps with no issues, provided (as Matt says) front section is swapped as a whole unit.

Latest posts

Back