• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 07, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masmith

displayname
Michael Smith
Will a creeper gear currently in a 126 work in an Original.

Calvin L. I have at least two coils that have had that problem solved with fibreglass resin. I carefully cleaned the loose insulation off with a few toothpicks to avoid damage. If a hard toothpick wouldn't remove the old insulation then I left it alone. I placed the coil on a flat surface and made sure it was level. I mixed the resin and poured it on the coil until it was level with the top all the way around. That was a couple of years ago and I'm not aware of any problems, they still work.

MICHAEL,
Sorry to say no, they will not!
I believe I saw one on CHRIS WESTFALL'S website.
ROD

Lloyd W, The battery must be good condition & hooked up. Check all connections-clean & tight. 1) Slide connector off reg. module just far enough to allow Voltmeter probe to touch on the B+ (center) terminal. Start & run engine @3600 rpm. Check DC voltage @ the B+ terminal. DO NOT fully disconnect any portion of Alternator circuit during this step!...
a)If voltage reading is 0-13.7 volts
1) Unplug the connector @ reg. module. Run engine @3600 rpm & check AC voltage between AC leads (the 2 outside terminals on the reg. module).
2) If the voltage is less than 28 volts AC,replace Stator. If voltage is more than 28 volts replace the regulator.
b) 1) 13-14.5 volts...Place 60 watt load on the battery. Charge rate should increase if system is functioning properly.
2) If the charge rate doesn't increase , unplug the connector @ reg. module. Run engine @3600 rpm & check the AC voltage between AC leads.
3) If voltage is less than 28 volts AC, Replace Stator. If the voltage is more than 28 volts AC replace the reg. module.
c)14.6 volts or higher...
1) Replace the reg. module
Service Manual...GSS 1495A pages 3-7 & 3-8

lurking.gif
...Don't turn off the lights, I'll be back.

Finally got to go plowing today. It stopped raining for a few hours anyway. The 126 did a great job. Maybe next I would like to add a creeper. I have a couple of pictures just have to figure out how to get them here.

Michael,
I think Melody would take the creeper off your hands...
wink.gif

Today was a good day. All the Cubs started except the 86. It needs a new voltage regulator. The Super in front gets the Kiwk Way Loader in the background. It has power steering. That's a no brainer!
225046.jpg

225047.jpg

William B two thumbs up on your cub herd
greenthumb.gif
greenthumb.gif

Wayne S. thanks a bunch watch your mailbox....

It is black. I see what you are alluding to. I think it is just the reflection of the grass.

These pictures are for Steve Blunier. They were
the best I could do since I was trying to avoid
disassembling the shifter. Do you think the
slotted cup is in relatively good or bad
condition?
(William Best sure has a nice fleet of Cubs)

225059.jpg

225060.jpg

225061.jpg

Sorry about the way my post is arranged,
Charlie. I'm still learning online protocol.

Wishing all the Mothers and wifes of us Cubbers a Happy Mothers Day!!!

William Best -
Nice herd of Cubs. Tell me about the yellow, slotted brackets on the back of the one in your profile picture; what are they used for?

225068.jpg

Whatever the yellow brackets are, I've had a set here for years and don't really know for sure either. I was told probably a sprayer

Cub Cadet 1450 (1974). Got tractor back recently from the dealer who did other work. Several questions.
1. The grease fittings on the front axles. I cannot get them to accept grease. Any pressue from the grease gun just blows off. Are these screw in fittings, or press fit? Are these standard (no matter which of the above styles) or are Cub Cadet fittings required. How are they removed and replaced? I have no problem with the steering, but I'd like to monitor this.
2. Is there a way to check and if necessary grease the steering box without first removing the deck? I can't even locate the grease fitting that is identified in the manual and frankly don't know how much and what type grease to use once I get there.
3. I have What I percieve as a minor drip of oil, ten to twenty drops after a spring cut of 2 acres. It seems to be occuring a little aft of the front axle. The front seal location seems fine and the rear seal was replaced two winters ago. Neither location appears to be the problem. Would this be considered acceptable for a 1974 Cadet? The dealer skoffs, and I am not worried for the present but I have no baseline on which to judge.
4. On a 44A deck, the belts are slipping badly in Spring grass and eastern weather. A new set of belts did not change matters much. the tension is where it has been for several years, but again, I have no baseline for the belt tension. The pulleys are greased and the blades recently sharpened. Any suggestions other than cutting twice at two different cutting heights?

Gary S.
Sounds like you need to go to the manuals section and download the Service manual for that puppy.
I covers pretty much all your questions, except for the zerks. They are press in.
And the leak which we've got covered in the FAQ's.

Latest posts

Back